Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/11/2004 11:24:06 AM EDT
My apologies if this is the wrong forum for this post.
Since I have no plans to use optics, and I like the look of the A2,
I would like to get M4-gery in this configuration. I now that Bushmaster offers
what used to be called an M4A2, but I really want a Colt.
Does anyone know where I can find this rifle?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:23:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Get the 6520 AR-15A2 govt carbine.

its what youre looking for except it has a lightweight (pencil) profile barrel instead of the M4. and on a 16" barrel that looks alot better.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:30:10 PM EDT
[#2]
You might like the colt AR6520. its a carbine with an A2 style handle but not the m4 barrel. There is a pic of it in the equip. exchange.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:48:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, guys. I have looked at the 6520, and it is the fine weapon.
But the heart wants what the heart wants, and if I am about to invest
+/- $1000, I'm going to try for the M4 type.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:18:48 AM EDT
[#4]
if you want an M4 & Colt..., on the morning of Sept. 14 go to a dealer who has a "Colt Law Enforcement" model & buy it !! it won't have "AR-15" stamped in it, but it will be a Colt !!

the only rifles/carbines that Colt will make with the "AR-15" roll mark will be the 6721 & 6920,  they will be marked "Military/LE Only" on Tuesday Sept. 14 Colt will no longer stamp those models in that way, those still in the gun shops with said markings will be collectors items if kept NIB !!

i am betting on the future & buying as many NIB "pre-bans" as i can, all Colt & Bushies !!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:11:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Maybe I'll get a Bushmaster after all.
Or get a 6920 A3 and just leave the handle on.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top