Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/11/2004 7:41:40 AM EDT
I will be getting a new 20" upper soon that has a YHM Lighweight quad-rail forearm on it. I would like to be able to mount my Harris bipod onto the bottom rail. I was wondering if there was a product out there that would could be removed quickly from the rail and still be attached the bipod. Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:57:51 AM EDT
[#1]
With a YHM rail mounted bipod stud, of course.  There are other, more expensive options out there (KAC, ARMS, etc.), but the YHM stud will work perfectly with your YHM rail.

At the bottom of this page:

YHM Products

Get one from RB Precison.

RB Precision YHM Products
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:42:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Isn't the YHM already threaded for a swivel stud in a couple of places?  If so, doesn't the harris just attach to a swivel stud?

Our Lightweight Forearms come in 4 lengths: Carbine Length, Mid-Length, Specter Length and Rifle Length. Features include: mounting points for our Swiveling Sling Studs (YHM-9469), Mil. Spec. Picatinny rails and they accept our Forearm End Cap (YHM-9484 sold separately). The barrel nut and forearm tube are made of aircraft quality aluminum and hardcoat anodized to Mil. Specs. The jam nut is made from quality steel and phosphate coated. All assemblies include: one jam nut, one barrel nut, and one forearm tube.

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:52:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:43:55 PM EDT
[#4]
The Harris bipod is by nature "quick detach"...

Putting on an expensive QD bipod mount is therefore as useful as tits on a bull.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 11:01:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:33:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The Harris bipod is by nature "quick detach"...

Putting on an expensive QD bipod mount is therefore as useful as tits on a bull.

It's not the removal that I want to do quickly, it's the ability to easily remove the bipod then install it at a different location along the rail.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top