Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2004 1:34:44 AM EDT
Howdy
The rings on the ARMS QD mount for the Aimpoint, do you use blue loktite on the ring screws or leave them be?

Reasons to use loktite are?

Reasons not to use Loktite are?

Any experienced advice much appreciated!

God Bless
El-Kabong
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 2:57:03 AM EDT
[#1]
El-Kabong,

Loktite is a good thing to use. But I would go with the RED, the blue is for a higher temp applications.

The reason that you might want to use a drop or two of loktite is... you wouldn't want your screws to back out on you while you were shooting and loose your zero.

Unless the screws come pretreated whit thread sealent already on them. And you will know this by either a blue, yellow, or red dot on the side of the screw.

Pat
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:54:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Loc-Tite BLUE is good to use on anything you screw or bolt onto a firearm.  The Loc-Tite keeps the screw from loosening and backing out do to recoil.  I use Loc-Tite BLUE on the screws for my optics, the screw on my Back Up Iron Sight, the screw for my pistol grip, the screw on the buttplate of a fixed stock, etc, etc, etc.

Loc-Tite RED is perminate and is a real pain if you ever need to remove the item that you loc-tited to your gun.  The Loc-Tite BLUE is semi-perm and can be removed without too much hastle.  Use the BLUE part number 242.

Semper Fi
Jeff
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:05:09 AM EDT
[#3]
mrraley has is backwards. You want to use the BLUE loctite as it is not permanant.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 10:56:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I know about the Blue and the Red. I had the 2 base-to-rings screws already loosen up on me and had used Blue Loctite to deal with them. I had been told by someone either here or on another forum awhile back NOT to use any Loctite on the 4 small screws for the rings and that these screws somehow magically never come loose.

So, my question is it SOP to Loctite these 4 small screws clamping the rings togwther or not?

God Bless
El-Kabong
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 11:34:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Use what comes with it the Purple or Lavender color
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top