Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/8/2004 7:00:45 PM EDT
I'd like to install a flash suppressor onto my M4 and also install a collapsable stock to it.  I won't be doing it myself, somebody else will have to do this for me, but should I buy the stock and suppressor myself and just send in my rifle somewhere or send it in somewhere where they already have the parts and just do it all in one effort?  And correct me if I'm wrong, but because I have a 14.5'' barrell, I can't get an A2 Birdcage FS on there. I have to go with a Vortex or Phantom, right??
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:05:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:19:52 PM EDT
[#2]
With a 14.5" barrel, you will have to go with either the Phantom, Vortex or one of Kurt's brakes, as shown in the link above. My personal preference is the Phantom for a permanently attached setup. Adco will do the work, but I believe you need to supply them with the FS. The cheapest place I've found to order a Phantom w/ shipping was from Denny. As for the stock - order the $6 wrench along with your stock and you can change it yourself - it's easy enough - no need to pay someone else to do it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 8:38:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, the stock will be a piece of cake, and the tool is cheap. As for the flash hider, another option is to have a new threaded 16" barrel installed.  This is obviously going to be more expensive, but you also need to factor in the cost of modifying the post-ban barrel, plus consider that you can sell it to someone who lives in an occupied state.

This is what I decided to do to my M4gery.  It just seemed like it was going to be quite a bit of trouble to have the muzzle brake removed and a flash hider permanently attached, and I was willing to pay the premium to be able to have my evil parts handy for assembly Sunday night, so I went with a new 16" M4 style barrel.  With this length barrel, the flash suppressor doesn't need to be permanently installed, plus I guess I'll get a little more velocity out of it... you know, more thrust per squeeze.

--Mike
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top