Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/8/2004 5:55:31 PM EDT
With the sunset coming soon, I have to start thinking hard.  There's a gunshow 10.09/10.10 and I'm going shopping.  

I'll probably pick up a CZ pistol (9mm) as you just can't have too many handguns, but I'm definitely picking up an AR.

At first, I thought I would just build one up, but then I got to thinking about it and decided to simply buy a flat-top, fixed-stock model and get used to the platform.  Once familiar with the weapon system, I'll replace the fixed stock with a Magpul 93A and put on some kind of railed forend.  I will need optics (eotech hws) as my eyes aren't that great and getting no better.

Considering that my birthday is in October, I think this is the perfect time to treat myself to something nice.

Anything I should definitely steer towards or away from?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:14:15 PM EDT
[#1]
stay away from Hesse/Vulcan, cast lowers, cheap imitations (airsoft wannabes, chinese crap)

have fun ;)
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:05:07 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
stay away from Hesse/Vulcan, cast lowers, cheap imitations (airsoft wannabes, chinese crap)

have fun ;)

Ditto.

Steer toward: Colt, Bushmaster, Armalite, RRA... (in that order).
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:09:13 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

have fun ;)

Ditto.

Steer toward: Colt, Bushmaster, Armalite, RRA... (in that order).

For lowers, order a RRA or Stag(from same factory as RRA, apparently, and according to many here).  It should be less than $100 to order a stripped lower and about $50 for a parts bag.  Buy a good set of parts.  Don't skimp there.  Look in the EE.  Or look at EagleFirearms
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:09:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Oh yeah, the AWB sunsets next week.
What are you waiting for?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top