Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2004 2:42:51 PM EDT
Which one do you use?  I'm planning to build a couple of uppers and I'd like to hear your recommendations/opinions on action blocks before I buy one.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 2:53:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Bushmaster's block works just fine for me.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:32:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Peace River block and insert from Brownell's.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:45:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the Brownell's (clam shell style sold by many) and discovered yesterday that you can't use it with a Colt pattern 9mm upper without first removing the shell deflector. This one I think would not have that problem.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:50:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I just ordered "the flipper."

http://www.dpmsinc.com/10Expand.asp?ProductCode=MA-FP

I'll let you know how I like it next week..........

rvb

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:26:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
This one I think would not have that problem.

It will if your Colt has a large pivot pin hole.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:31:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 2:40:47 PM EDT
[#7]
bump ^

Keep the recommendations coming!  

I looked at the DPMS "claw" at a show last month.  In some ways it looks good - since nothing touches the reciever except at the pivot pin lug area, there's no chance of fvcking up the finish, but I wonder if there's a chance of breaking the lugs off if a lot of force is needed to get the barrel nut moving?  I know somebody has to be the one to find out, but I'd rather not be the ONE.

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:40:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I too am looking for an action block. My Bushmaster block leaves marks on my uppers and I have grown tired of it. Any of these blocks recommended don't leave these damn marks?
Thanks.....Chad
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:41:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I too am looking for an action block. My Bushmaster block leaves marks on my uppers and I have grown tired of it. Any of these blocks recommended don't leave these damn marks?
Thanks.....Chad

The Peace River block I mentioned above has never left marks on any of my uppers.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:57:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the quick reply. If you don't mind, how many times have you used it? I ask as I've used mine, I don't know, 40-50 times at least. The marks started happening pretty fast, but not from the start; Maybe after the 5th time of using it.
Thanks.....Chad
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:03:56 PM EDT
[#11]
How is is marking up the receiver?  I just bought a Bushmaster new style action block.  I don't like to hear it marks up the receiver.  Have any pics?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:12:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:21:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Any suggestions as to how to keep it from making the marks?
Thanks.....Chad

edited to tell gaspipes:   The marks are a rectangular grid on both sides of the upper near the the top sides, near or right below the flattop/carry handle. They SUCK!!!!!! and I'm sick of making them. Sorry, no pics.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:31:55 PM EDT
[#14]
I havent noticed anything like that... but I imagine you should be able to cover the inside of the block with some fine cloth/chamois....
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top