Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/8/2004 11:06:42 AM EDT
This post is in regard to their carbine modular forearm.  It's a great product but I recall an 8 month wait (which many speculated was because they needed money upfront for production).  Well I just got off the phone with GG&G about a rumor that they were going to produce a rifle-length version of their forearm from my local firearms dealer.  A call a month ago confirmed that they were indeed going to produce this item.  Well the call today was quite different.  I asked about an ETA on the rifle-length forearm and the response was, "well everyone wants a carbine-length of forearm and I haven't recieved enough calls to justify R&D and machine work."  My response was, "Well if you don't have a prototype and you've made no attempt to inform the public about the existence of the forearm, why do you expect calls?"  His response, "Well it maybe available sometime in the winter but it's low on my priority list."  My response, "Should I even expect it to be made or should I go with another rifle-length forearm from another company?"  His response, "well I'm not gonna tell you not to buy one from another company because our rifle length is not a priority."

Is it me, or does the assumption that the public has ESP and the appearance that they are less than enthusiastic about their own product make you wonder about how a company can possibly succeed with such a work ethic?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:18:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I had a brainfart a while back and couldn't figure out how to install one of their buttstock sling swivels.  I emailed them and attached pics, so they could help me ID the part and help me install it.

Their response was (paraphrased) "We do not open documents from unknown sources.  You could send the pics through US Mail and we could help you when we receive them."

In today's computer age, you would think that they would make it possible for their computers to open pics from customers safely, especially ones who have questions about their products and provide additional info so that the company can better help you with your problem.  Not very likely, but what if I need the info NOW.  The US Mail isn't going to help me.

They have decent quality products, but they definitely lost points with me.  Definitely NOT impressed with their concern for customer satisfaction.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 11:28:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Well it was like pulling teeth when I asked them about the forearm.  It was as though they were trying to talk me out of any interest in their potential product.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 12:19:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Why not just buy from a manufacturer that cares? There are many that sponsor this site. I don't know why so many companies fight the internet. It's their friend. If they don't participate, sales will pass them by AND all the negative things about the internet (stealing picts, bad mouthing, etc., etc. will STILL happen to their company.)

G.G.&G. does make great products but I'd rather buy from a company that can deliver information to me via the net....
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top