Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2004 7:10:57 PM EDT
Just curious because I never hear of anyone else having one.  I bought one and I like it so far.  Only downside is no iron sights.  Just chime in with any comments.......just try not to rag on me just because you don't like Olympic Arms, etc......

Thanks,
Wes
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 12:52:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I have asked about this at least 3-4 times and not one freaken reply , don't get your hopes up.  I did get to handle one at the a fun show, I can't make up my mind about it. The gas system scares me a bit cause I worry I would not know how to work on it. I loce the look , I bet you get a a lot of funny looks at the range.  Have you taken it down completely yet , if so how confusing was it?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:00:14 AM EDT
[#2]
The gas system is the same as any other AR15, no different whatsoever. Don't let that scare you in the least. There is nothing different with the OA-93PT gas system than a regular AR15.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:03:01 AM EDT
[#3]
The only difference I think is the relocating of the recoil spring and the lack of a charging handle.  I believe it uses the same bolt as a regular AR-15 too.  Someone correct me if I am wrong.

By the way, I disassembled it a few time and you do need a couple of tools.  An allen wrench and a flathead screwdriver.  Once I figured it out, it was pretty easy(took about 5-10 min.).

Mine has been flawless(less one magazine nosedive jam) for 500 rounds so far.  Rapid fire, bench shooting, etc.

Wes
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 1:35:24 PM EDT
[#4]
This makes me want one again, I really like the look with the stock on , I wounder what is would look like with say a extra long comp on the front ?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:41:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Interesting; I took this comment from the Olympic web site to mean it used an op-rod in place of a direct-gas system...

"To do this, the recoil system has been relocated from what would normally be the buttstock assembly, to an operations rod that runs over the top of the barrel.".  Guess it only applies to the recoil spring.

I'm also interested in one, but can't find any reviews or feedback - other than what I found here - thanks, by the way.  It will be interesting to see if they go back to a folding stock now that the AWB is gone....   Keep the news coming.

Thanks,

Dan
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:05:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I have an OA93 pistol upper ordered and from the people I've talked to and information I have gathered the OA93's are very reliable and trouble free especially compared to the short buffer AR pistols.

The gas action is basicly identical although I think the gas key is slightly different , the predominant difference is that the buffer is removed and an op rod/recoil spring take its place functionaly.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:13:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Let's try and keep this somewhere near the top in hopes of getting more replies.  I was quite interested in the 93's system 10 yrs. ago, and just might have to pick one up now.  One thing is for sure, it's a heck of a lot cheaper than a ZM Weapons upper.  (don't suppose the quality is quite there either)  Any other comments?  
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:53:47 PM EDT
[#8]
btt
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top