Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/7/2004 6:42:14 PM EDT
Well, I thought I knew what I wanted, but I'm not sure now.  I know I want a midlength, but cannot decide on the rail.  I don't know if I want a rifle ff or a midlength ff.  At first I was sure I just wanted the midlength rail, but now thinking about it with the lengthed FH, I think it might be too long in length from the rail to the muzzle.

I am going to wait for a couple of weeks (at least) so I will be getting an A1 FH.

Can someone post pics of a 16" with A1 (or similar) FH with rifle length and/or midlength FF rails.  Preferably with a telescoping stock.

I don't care about the brands (right now), just want to see the relative profiles.  

I know there aren't going to be many or any one who has both, so if you have one or the other and can post it, I would be greatful.  Then I can just look at all the pics to compare.

Thanks much.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:34:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Too long from the rail to the muzzle?  It's the -correct- length from the rail to the muzzle.  The midlength places the front sight base (and therefore the end of the rails) the same distance from the muzzle as the military A2 and M4 barrels.  If you use the longer rail then you'll need to get a shaved front sight base, buy a rail mount front sight, and won't be able to attach a bayonet.

That's how I see it but it's your money so feel free to spend it on whatever setup floats your boat.

As to a pic of a midlength with a rifle length float tube, it'll look just like any other 16" barrel with a rifle length float tube.  There's plenty of pics of those around.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 10:04:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Getting alot of use out of this pic lately

Midlength 16" with full FF rail...........Udog
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 11:21:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Armalite midlength barrel
PRI midlength tube and front flip sight
Advanced Armament flash compensator
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top