Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2004 4:19:51 PM EDT
Hello all, I've recently been reading ARF.com and it's proved to be a really great resource, so much so that I now am in the process of acquiring an AR15 from another member of this board (he's also on another board I frequent, you can see his posting about this in the NY/NJ hometown section).

So, the rifle I will soon have has a 20" HBAR J&T upper with normal grip. I am interested in adding a bipod to the gun as all of my previous rifle experience has been on scope/bipod equipped hunting rifles, however I'm not sure if it's a simple task to add a bipod to an AR15 without a rail system? I'm very new to this, so if this is a really stupid question I apologize.

I have found this online: www.aspitactical.com/versapod/details/ver8-50006.asp?product_id=50006  and that seems to be an appropriate adapter to attach a bipod (most likely a bipod by versa-pod to ensure it'll fit?), although I'm not 100% sure that it would work.  If there are more general bipod/adapter combos that will work sans rail, I'd appreciate any links that can be provided.

Thanks to anyone for input, and sorry to have such a newbie question.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 4:37:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I have used a Harris adapter that works fine with a Harris bipod. I assume you could mount a Versa-pod to a standard sling swivel as well. They are available from ASPI and other places.

Link to Harris adapter at ASPI.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:31:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow, thanks, I had seen that item before, but apparently I was unable to read the part that said it fits the standard round setup.

Your help is greatly appreciated, thanks!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top