Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/6/2004 6:41:55 PM EDT
How long have you guys had to wait for your RRA hardware?  I ordered an upper on the 2nd of August, and was quoted 4-6 weeks.  I know they had a plant shutdown for a week, but damn, I'm getting edgy.  What has been the trend with wait times/averages?

As a side note, I got the 16" chrome lined A4 w/midlength free float, gas block, removable sight and carry handle, and the tactical FS, and have a holo sight for it.  It will be mated with an Ameetec lower w/the ARFX tactical stock, and eventually, a hogue pistol grip.  I've been looking at all the pics, and haven't found one yet that matches what I'm getting, so it might be pretty unique for a little while.

Any issues that I should be aware of with RRA after the sale or with quality?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:53:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I foolishly ordered a Rock River lower through a local gun store. I was originally quoted a week and a half. Now, three or four weeks have passed -- it's been so long I can't actually remember which -- and the dealer has given me a new quote of three weeks. At this point, I do not expect to receive it anytime soon. I have a feeling it won't be worth the wait. In the meantime, I plan to order a different brand lower from a dealer that actually has one in stock.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:00:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I hear nothing but complaints about the time it takes for people to receive their items from RRA. But the good news is that once you get it you will defenitely say that it was worth the wait. I plan on going to a gun show this week where a dealer has them regularly in stock and I should be able to pick up a pre-ban(no-ban) upper.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:22:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Adco has some lowers with parts kits installed, but no stock, and some complete lowers, available.

Someone has US Property marked RRA lowers for $159 in EE.

I just bought a stripped lower for $100, shipped,  in EE last week.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:25:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh yeah, almost forgot... from AR15 : BUILD IT YOURSELF forum  Stag lower vs. RRA lower  

The general consensus is Stag lowers come from same factory as RRA's.

Here's what I found: Eagle Firearms - Stag lowers $85
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:58:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I had looked at Adco, Model 1, RRA, Bushmaster, the usual.  RRA offered the best combination of economy and reputation, and I felt more secure ordering from them instead of Adco, since Adco has to make their money.  RRA quoted a slightly longer wait time, and I don't know if that counted the week they shut down.  I'm just used to having quote times be the worst case scenario and not the rule!

At least the quality will be there, and I will be happy with it...when it gets here!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 10:22:29 AM EDT
[#6]
My rifle took almost exactly 4 weeks. That was the longest 4 weeks of my life.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 10:27:53 AM EDT
[#7]
4 to 6 weeks is average. I have a 9mm upper on order from ADCO. They had one in stock, but I wanted a different length hand guard. As long as I have it by the 19th, I'm good. If it takes longer, that when I'll cry.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:27:20 PM EDT
[#8]
RB Precision, RRA Varmint Upper, 3-4 weeks, earlier in the Summer.
Worth the wait? YES...
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:51:26 PM EDT
[#9]
I suppose that it's a silver lining being that everybody is happy with their RRA hardware.  I had called today, cause it's killing me, to check for a status on it.  They said they would get back to me in 24 hours.  Very good customer service in my dealings with them, I just wish I could attest to their workmanship.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:25:50 PM EDT
[#10]
So, (correct me if I'm wrong), RRA is pretty much right on with their wait times that they give at time of order?  (4 to 6 weeks IS IN FACT 4 to 6 weeks?)  Thanks all for the info.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 7:52:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Got mine in 10 days from RBPrecision.com  Great price too.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:02:52 AM EDT
[#12]
They just left a message, saying that it's getting into the fifth week, and they are just getting the barrel done by Friday, then it should go into assembly next week.  Counting the week that they were in shutdown in August, I guess it could be worse.  However, they will be pushing their timeline to the max, unless they have expedited shipping.  Oh well, I suppose it will give me time to stock up on ammo.  Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:06:04 AM EDT
[#13]
I waited a long ass time for mine, but It's alright
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:07:36 AM EDT
[#14]
They always ship quicker than they quote...

MT
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:23:03 AM EDT
[#15]
I was going to order an RRA through ADCO, until I found out about a 6 week wait.
I paid a little more and ordered from Bushmaster and had it in three days.  Thank you CSGunworks

I can't wait until I can actually put the two pieces together and go shooting
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:25:41 AM EDT
[#16]
I ordered my EPO varmint rig on April 23rd. Was told by RRA that it would be AT LEAST AN 8 week wait due to the fact that they were having issues getting some of the parts. Called RRA 'just to check after about 6 weeks and was told that they were waiting on the EOP uppers to arrive and that they were REALLY sorry that it was taking this long. Sounded good enough to me. Called RRA after 12 weeks and asked about it, They knew the order, told me that the EOP uppers were still the problem, but they had recieved them and that they were off getting anodized and should be back for assembly towards the end of that week. At 14 weeks I called them again, just to check of course, I wasnt getting impatient or anything ;). The lovely lady on the phone told me that they had already shipped and by the tracking on it I, well my FFL, should be getting a visit from the BBT that day and low and behold... later that day I picked up my new varmint rig. hing
Recieved it in early August and yup, even after the hair-pulling, agonizing wait... it was WELL worth it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:39:27 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I ordered my EPO varmint rig on April 23rd. Was told by RRA that it would be AT LEAST AN 8 week wait due to the fact that they were having issues getting some of the parts. Called RRA 'just to check after about 6 weeks and was told that they were waiting on the EOP uppers to arrive and that they were REALLY sorry that it was taking this long. Sounded good enough to me. Called RRA after 12 weeks and asked about it, They knew the order, told me that the EOP uppers were still the problem, but they had recieved them and that they were off getting anodized and should be back for assembly towards the end of that week. At 14 weeks I called them again, just to check of course, I wasnt getting impatient or anything ;). The lovely lady on the phone told me that they had already shipped and by the tracking on it I, well my FFL, should be getting a visit from the BBT that day and low and behold... later that day I picked up my new varmint rig.

It was a couple weeks overdue, but it wasnt anything that I couldnt live with.

Recieved it in early August and yup, even after the hair-pulling, agonizing wait... it was WELL worth it.

lol I waited 10 weeks for mine.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:01:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Ordered mine via rbprecision.com on 08/13. It shipped to my FFL on 9/7 and I picked it up over lunch yesterday. Haven't shot it yet, but I'm very, very happy with the quality on inspection.

Krista at RB Precision is an excellent person to do business with. Can't recommend them highly enough.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top