Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/6/2004 8:42:12 AM EDT
I am very interested in getting a full 20 inch A3 rifle with gov. profile barrel next week. Does anyone know if Bushmaster will sell "normal" rifles any time soon or are they going to stick with the nuetered versions? Also, will they sell mags as well?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:02:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Their stance has been to "wait and see" as far as the ban sunset without replacement.

I am personally confident they will start selling "no ban" rifles when the ban sunsets.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:09:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:21:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I think Jarrod from BFI said they would make 'prebans' but also continue making 'postbans' for states with AWB statutes.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:26:08 AM EDT
[#4]

I think Jarrod from BFI said they would make 'prebans' but also continue making 'postbans' for states with AWB statutes.

That makes sense, as they will have to change nothing in the way of production/inventory.  All the system is in place.  Just be shifting numbers produced of each in a major way.

Doc
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:29:32 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

That makes sense, as they will have to change nothing in the way of production/inventory.  All the system is in place.  Just be shifting numbers produced of each in a major way.

Doc

I agree.  To make a "post-ban" rifle takes more manpower than making a pre-ban.  They have to grind off bayonet lugs and permanently attach brakes.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 10:12:39 AM EDT
[#6]
So far Bushmaster doesn't even offer that barrel as a complete upper even for Pre Bans but you can get it barrel only and built it yourself.  I guess you could call them up and special order and upper with that barrel.  I wonder if an FFL can special order a whole rifle if someone wanted a specific config that wasn't one of their canned offerings.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 11:10:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:32:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Neutered versions will still sell well here in MA, and pre-bans will continue to be overpriced, very much like all the handguns we cannot buy new here.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:40:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Tell me about it TRACKER $1000 for used colt 1911s and H&K USPs,but at least we have the S&W 1911 and now the para ordnance
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:48:37 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
So far Bushmaster doesn't even offer that barrel as a complete upper even for Pre Bans but you can get it barrel only and built it yourself.  I guess you could call them up and special order and upper with that barrel.  I wonder if an FFL can special order a whole rifle if someone wanted a specific config that wasn't one of their canned offerings.

They make complete "preban" uppers for M16's as I have bought some from them and can use them next week on some new Bushy lowers, etc.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top