Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/6/2004 6:36:22 AM EDT
I just got my ambidextrous Selector in and I am trying to remove my selector which is on my AR-15 now so I can switch to my new selector.  Problem is...I can't seem to get the selector out.  How do I go about doing this.  Thanks for your help!!!!!  
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:39:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Remove the pistol grip....then remove the selector detent pin and spring. The selector should slide out, if not, you might also have to remove some of the fire control parts in the lower.

HTH
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:00:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for your help!  I finally have it off.  Thanks again!
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:31:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Which ambidextrous selector did you purchase?

I need to buy a couple...
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:08:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Which ambidextrous selector did you purchase?

I purchased the Ambidextrous Selector that Bravo Company is selling.  Works great!!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:01:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't waste your time removing the pistol grip.  Just turn the safety half way between safe and fire, then tap the right side with a dowel or nylon rod.  This will take it out much easier than removing the pistol grip and dealing with the selector detent and spring.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top