Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2004 6:34:50 AM EDT
I'm looking for the name and company that makes a flash supressor, and I'll describe it in my best description:  It's very similar to a birdcage, but, at the end of it, it contains a "crown-like" or "multi-prong" type device.  Basically, it appears as if it were designed for CQB, to impale or smash with a thrust?  Bear with my description, and help if you can.  thanks a lot.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:46:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, Bystander...it's real similar to it.  I think it has a couple more or those "prongs"  Anyways, what do you think about those phantoms?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:55:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I love 'em. Get the new Phantom 5C2. It has the great flash suppression of the original with a closed bottom port for a lower dust signature and some compensation properties. Whatever you do, don't get the neutered Bushnaster version without the edges on the front.

Check out Denny's Guns in the EE for great deals on Phantoms.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:45:27 PM EDT
[#4]
www.troyind.com

Can't find a good close up, but the new Troy prong is on the 10" MRF-CX link.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:19:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Troy calls this a muzzle brake. Probably would not work well as a flash hider with the closed end.

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 11:35:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Kisara,Bystander...thanks a lot.  That is the one I am talking about.  Any other input on this item?  And, thanks again for your research.  I do appreciate it.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 2:17:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I love 'em. Get the new Phantom 5C2. It has the great flash suppression of the original with a closed bottom port for a lower dust signature and some compensation properties. Whatever you do, don't get the neutered Bushnaster version without the edges on the front.

Check out Denny's Guns in the EE for great deals on Phantoms.

How does the function of round front(5C1) differ from the 5C2?  

Thanks,
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top