Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/5/2004 7:39:54 PM EDT
Hi fellas!

I have a question that i'd throw out to those of you who are more amunition savy than myself. In years past I have found that some types of ammo that has the silver colored primers do not fire in my M4 (Colt) or my full-auto M16 (also Colt). It seems that the primers won't bust is the primary problem. Now I have about a couple of thousand rounds of Black Hills remanufactured ammo that my brother bought ages ago. It has the silver colored primers..first question is will this work in my rifles? I have not test fired any of yet and I kind of hate to break open the sealed cases. If not I will just try trading the unopen containers for some Winchester ammo or something. Next question is what is it about the silver primers that are different from the brass ones that makes them fail to function?
I also have thousands of rounds of Wolf and PMC but PMC is pretty hottly loaded and Wolf is dirty and I hear it don't fragment well so i'd like something better to rely on. Thanks!

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:54:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Black Hills reman. ammo is good stuff, you should have no problems with it.
Many makers of 5.56 use harder primers to help prevent slam fires from the fireing pin, if you ever eject a live round from your AR, you will see a slight dimple from the pin strike.
Some people (and rifles) just don't like Wolf, so that is up to you, I personally don't use it.
PMC is OK, never heard of problems when used in a AR, but again that's up to you.
My personal favorite is Winchester Q 3131A, pretty much all I ever use.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top