BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2004 12:54:34 PM EDT
http://www.rockriverarms.com/images/rtacute.gif

http://www.rockriverarms.com/images/eotech.gif

With this upper recivers, fixed rear sights, and 1913 MIL STD (Picatinny) mounting platform. Can I use a  EOTech Holosight, Model 512, at the same time?

Would the fixed rear sights work the same as a filp up rear sight? for the line of sight. Thanks for your help. RED
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 1:44:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Howdy,

I have not used one myself, but the UTE sight is overpriced and the wrong height for mounting optics according to those that have.  I would go with the A4 flat top, no rear sight, and add a BUIS (ARMS #40 ).  It will be cheaper, and perform better, and just happens to be my current setup except that I use an Aimpont M2.  I do not think the rear sight pictured would co-witness with the UTE sight rail and Eotech, whereas the ARMS (or Larue, or Knights) and the Eotech mounted to the flat top would.

Also, www.adcofirearms.com is a great company to deal with for virtually any part.  

Stop by the optics forum for more info on the reflex setups.

Good hunting.

-Redfoot.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 1:48:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes you could mount the EOtech there,   BUT....
- You would not be able to use the iron sights as the position of the EOtech would be too high to allow co-witnessing.
- The position of the EOtech being that high would turn a cheek weld into a chin weld for sure.

The mounts such as that are interesting, but best when used with the Aimpoint or other super low-mounting dot sight.  I personally think it would limit my choices a bit too much.  I'd go with a regular flip up BUIS.

Tex78
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:15:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks alot guys, that's the info I was looking for.

I have seen a Flat top upper with a fixed iron sights that the Navy has put out on some 10.5" uppers. It looks a alot like the CAR UTE, But where the 1913 MIL STD (Picatinny) mounting platform is, it's at the same hight as a A4 upper.  I have not tracked down the upper, for sale  to buy one. does any one have a link or store front to order one? thanks again. RED
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:07:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Rock River UTE and that 'tatical' carry handle have got to be the stupidest shit ever!!!!
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:26:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Thanks alot guys, that's the info I was looking for.

I have seen a Flat top upper with a fixed iron sights that the Navy has put out on some 10.5" uppers. It looks a alot like the CAR UTE, But where the 1913 MIL STD (Picatinny) mounting platform is, it's at the same hight as a A4 upper.  I have not tracked down the upper, for sale  to buy one. does any one have a link or store front to order one? thanks again. RED

I think the upper you are thinking of doesn't have the sight built in.  It is a LMT upper with the LMT fixed BUIS attached.  The LMT BUIS looks like a cut carry handle, but is an improvement on such improvised BUIS.  AFAIK, that is the upper/sight combo the Navy is currently using with the 10.5" CQBR.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:03:33 AM EDT
[#6]
RE: knightone,
I bet you are right. I saw that upper in a slide show. The Navy was showing us all types on new stuff for the M-4 and M-14 they have been working on. thanks for your input. RED
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 2:36:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I e-mailed RRA's and the anser I got back was:

The UTE was designed to use the Aimpoint comp M or ML and their extra wide low ring.  Trying to use an EOtech and cowitness won't work as your rear sight will look directly into that optic's base

http://www.midwayusa.com/midwayusa/applications/mediasvr.dll/image?saleitemid=671769

So now we know why the Tactical CAR UTE was designed for. RED
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:02:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I e-mailed RRA's and the anser I got back was:

The UTE was designed to use the Aimpoint comp M or ML and their extra wide low ring.  Trying to use an EOtech and cowitness won't work as your rear sight will look directly into that optic's base

www.midwayusa.com/midwayusa/applications/mediasvr.dll/image?saleitemid=671769

So now we know why the Tactical CAR UTE was designed for. RED

Most of us knew that.  Why do you think the UTE (and the RRA tac handle that is a removeable version of the UTE sight) isn't very popular?  It severely limits your options.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:25:22 PM EDT
[#9]
RE:
knightone

Most of us knew that. Why do you think the UTE (and the RRA tac handle that is a removeable version of the UTE sight) isn't very popular? It severely limits your options.

Well the rest of us do not, like myself. Thats why I asked the questions that I did and posted my reply's from RRA's to help out the next guy.  Thanks for your help. RED
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:30:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
RE:
knightone

Most of us knew that. Why do you think the UTE (and the RRA tac handle that is a removeable version of the UTE sight) isn't very popular? It severely limits your options.

Well the rest of us do not, like myself. Thats why I asked the questions that I did and posted my reply's from RRA's to help out the next guy.  Thanks for your help. RED

Sorry if I sounded like an a-hole in that last post.  I didn't mean it like that.  I was merely pointing out why you don't see any UTEs around these parts.    

There are a few who have the RRA tac handle, though.  If you like the look of the UTE, it might be wiser to get the tac handle.  That way, you have the same appearance of the UTE except that it is removeable in the case you wish to change the configuration of your sights and optics.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:35:14 PM EDT
[#11]
I know how it goes, the typed word is hard to have expression in it. Mine came a cross alot meaner that what I wanted also RED
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top