Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/5/2004 9:34:35 AM EDT
Getting my .300 Fireball AR stuff together for my "no ban" build and Model 1 Sales only had the A2 FH availble for this barrel, they said it was threaded 1/2x36tpi(same as a 9mm) and the Phantom that they had was 1/2x28tpi so it wouldn't work.  Does Yankee Hill make the Phantom in 1/2x36tpi with a larger hole for calibers greater then 5.56mm?  If I have to live with the A2 I will but I like the looks of the Phantom more. Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:25:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I am having my Phantom Milled for 9mm and having the 9mm barrel threaded for the Phantom.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:34:21 AM EDT
[#2]
So no one just makes one, you'd have to have one machined?  I guess I'll stick with my A2 for now. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 1:12:11 PM EDT
[#3]
That is the right tpi isn't it. I noticed that there was also a 1/2x32tpi.  I know it's NOT 1/2x28tpi because that's what I was told by Model 1 Sales, I think he said 36tpi but also seeing a 32tpi has me all cornfuzed,LOL.   I guess I'll just leave it "as is" for now until I can find out more about the availability of other FH that'll work. Also, if someone can clear up which thread it is I'd be greatful.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 2:32:04 PM EDT
[#4]
It is not hard to open the bore if you have the right tools mine is for a 223 but it cna be drilled more opened to let the 30 cal projectile to go thru check out Kurtskustomsfirearms.com . the man can do anything for U
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 2:40:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It is not hard to open the bore if you have the right tools mine is for a 223 but it cna be drilled more opened to let the 30 cal projectile to go thru check out Kurtskustomsfirearms.com . the man can do anything for U

That's not the problem, it's the Threads Per Inch that's got me over a barrel(pun intended,LOL).  I CAN'T thread a 1/2x28tpi onto my barrel so it's not like I could open one up and use it.  I need a FH with different threads.  I just can't really remember if the guy at M1S said it was 36tpi or 32 tpi. Guess I'll ask on Tuesday when I call to order a few extra things that I'd like.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:17:33 PM EDT
[#6]
It is 1/2x36 TPI for 9mm.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 5:24:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
It is 1/2x36 TPI for 9mm.

That's  what I thought. He said that the .300 Fireball used a different thread then the 5.56 so it must be 36tpi.  Anyway, do they make different Flash Hiders other then the A2 that'll fit a 9mm(or in my case .300FB.) barrel?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 6:43:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Does a 9mm really need a flash hider after burning for 16 inches?  I would like yo get one for my 9mm upper that is wearing a plain-jane A2 hider - Vortex would be awesome...
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 6:48:45 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Does a 9mm really need a flash hider after burning for 16 inches?  I would like yo get one for my 9mm upper that is wearing a plain-jane A2 hider - Vortex would be awesome...

I don't think a 9mm or 45ACP would really need one. I'm not really sure how much flash I'll get out of my 16" ,.300 Fireball, I'd think most if not all of the 17grs of H-110  would be burned by the time it gets to the end of the barrel. I guess I'll have to do some dusk shooting after I get it set up just to see how much flash it'll have.  If it's not too bad I'll stay with the A2.  Why spend more money if I  don't have to.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top