Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/4/2004 7:05:09 PM EDT
Anyone use these for range use?
Prevent the range buddy next to from wearing you brass?
If you have used them where does the brass land?

Competition Shell Deflector

Thanks

MadMan
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:15:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I use one for matches and they really work.  The brass doesn't drop quite straight down, but very close to it.  More importantly, the brass is in a nice neat group at the end of each stage.  No more groping around especially after the offhand stage.

BTW, I picked up one of the low cost ones from John Masen.  It's cheaper than the one Bushmaster sells.

There are two downsides:
It puts a little dent in the case mouth.  It's no big deal as the expander irons it out.
It marks up the underside of the carry handle where the retainer detent snaps in and out.  That may bother some people.

EDITED TO ADD:
I almost forgot one more thing.  If you reach through the carry handle to trip the bolt release, the deflector is now in the way.  You'll have to reach all the way over handle to trip the release.   I suggest at least a dry fire session or two to get used to the new programming.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:56:44 PM EDT
[#2]
how does it stay in place, how is it fastend on?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 12:07:17 AM EDT
[#3]
It stays in due to friction provided by a spring loaded ball bearing that locks into the hole in your carry handle.

Also, I put a little silicon on it where the brass contacts it and that has stopped it from denting the brass.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:27:19 PM EDT
[#4]
you guys think it is worth getting?

Thanks

MadMan
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top