Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/4/2004 4:14:00 PM EDT
I'm looking to build, and some sites have a choice between .223 Rem and 5.56 chambers.  I know that the caliber is as close as it goes, but what are the other differences, and what should I choose--I mean, will one chamber allow both rounds, but only one allow a single round.  Similar to the .45 long colt and the .45 Schofield.  Just askin' for a little help, thanks

TG

BTW, who has contacted their congressional delegation and voiced opposition to the expansion and renewal of the AWB?   If you haven't you're asking for another ban.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:17:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 6:17:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Basically a .223 chamber has a steeper leade and a shorter freebore.  You shouldn't shoot 5.56 NATO rounds though a .223 chamber since you'll have higher pressure but some don't think it's that big of a deal.  No problem shooting .223 spec rounds through a NATO chamber.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top