Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/3/2004 5:31:42 PM EDT
I currently have a Match Target that i'm about to have have FS installed on in couple weeks but wanted to know if this is a good barrel to leave on my Colt or should i kick out the extra few hundred and get a new CL barrel for it?

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:43:31 AM EDT
[#1]
As usual, it depends on what you intend on doing with it. If you want to mimick a military rifle as much as possible and/or insure a barrel life of 10,000+ rounds then by all means get the full chrome lined barrel. If, on the other hand, accuracy is of more importance and a barrel life of maybe 7-8,000 rounds is fine, then the barrel you have is the ticket. In the end, the non-chrome lined barrel will be more accurate but will last about 3/4's as long as a full chrome lined barrel, IMHO.

Bill
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top