Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2004 11:46:26 AM EDT
Was looking into getting a Rock River Arms Entry Tactical if and when the ban expires and was just wondering what experiences people have had with this company and or gun itself.  Main concern is jamming with cheap ammo since I plan on plinking alot with it.  Any comments or suggestions on a better purchase for around the same price for quality and accuracy would be most appreciated.  Thanks
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 12:09:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Do a search, but I think it is pretty universally thought of here that RRA is a good product.

By the way using cheap or crap ammo will can jam any gun, especially if you start blowing primers.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 12:21:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I got mine from ADCO FIREARMS and I love it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 12:38:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Do a search, but I think it is pretty universally thought of here that RRA is a good product.

By the way using cheap or crap ammo will jam any gun, especially if you start blowing primers.

Cheep ammo with an AR would be worse than dirty underware under a Brooks Bros Suit
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:00:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I've put hundreds of rounds of Wolf thru my RRA with ZERO malfunctions.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:17:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I've put hundreds of rounds of Wolf thru my RRA with ZERO malfunctions.  

+1

but as soon as I run out (approx. 400rds. left)  Im going to ger some XM193 because I want better grouping

back to RRA... great rifles for less $$$. plus, you get a 2 stage trigger and hogue grip standard
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:37:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:56:13 PM EDT
[#7]
When I said cheap, I didn't mean just inexpensive (and I didn't mention any brands).  I just meant that you need to watch out for some cheap=crap ammo.  Please see this thread.

I alway run the cheapest that I can find that is reliable.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:11:45 PM EDT
[#8]
RRA makes great guns, ask the DEA and FBI what they think of RRA's. I just bought a an A2 carbine, and it is great. Can't wait for the end of the AWB so I can add a CAR stock and flash hider.

-J
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:30:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I love my RRA it's a CAR A4 Mid-length handguards.  Got it from RB Precision
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:31:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I think it is funny when ever someone questions the function of a AR with cheap crappy ammo that it is assumed that it is Wolf...hahahahah

Wolf Poo...Don't step in it.

MT
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:35:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the reply's as to what ammo I was refering too when I said cheap was Wolf, has anyone had problems with wolf ammo in RRA rifles jamming?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:50:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Good to go.

+1
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:06:26 PM EDT
[#13]
My RRA is A++ in my book.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top