Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2004 8:07:07 PM EDT
Question for those of you that have them & shoot them. I have searched but not found enough answers. Just how accurate are the Superlights?? Any change in POI after barrel heat up, after how many rounds?? Any 200 yard shooters with them??

My 11y/o daughter shoots a BM shorty with a heavy barrel quite well at 200 yards off the bench & prone but it's just too front heavy to shoot while standing. I would like to get her into some CMP shoots with a lighter barrel without her losing any accuracy.

What do those of you in the know have to say??

The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you are already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you will be able to function as a soldier is supposed to function, without mercy, without compassion, without remorse.

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:22:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine is more accurate than I am.  I was shooting 1.5 inch groups at 50 yards with it easy with the iron sights.  I bet it would surprise me with a scope in it.  I think it is every bit as accurate as my M4 barrel (both Bushy).  I did not do any ammo dumps though and check to see if it changed or opened up, mabey next range trip.  I would just not hang a bunch of crap/asscessories off the end and there is no reason it would not service perfectly.  One thing to keep in mind is that I get a bit of muzzle rise and a bit more recoil with such a light setup so you may want to get the 16 inch "Free Ban" threaded muzzle so you could attach a compensator.  I am building one for my 115 lb. wife to shoot.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:13:55 PM EDT
[#2]
It's going on a preban anyway so it has to have a lug & threads on it, it's only natural.  I was mostly wondering about POI rise after shooting a few hundred rounds in an afternoon. She doesn't dump mag after mag. (Like I've been known to do)

The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you are already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you will be able to function as a soldier is supposed to function, without mercy, without compassion, without remorse.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top