Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/1/2004 4:18:13 PM EDT
Greetings:

Got my superlight barrel from Bushmaster today and two things struck me as odd.

1). Got an A1 flash suppressor with it.

2). cannot tell if it is chrome lined. No recessed crown on the muzzle end.

Does anyone know when in the manufacturing process is the chrome lining performed? Before or after the rifling is cut? etc.

Thanks and God Bless America.

Brigadier_92
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 4:30:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 4:35:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I was planning on buying one of  those in the very near future, but I'm a little nervous about ordering one before the sunset because I don't want to spend that kind of money on something I may not be able to use.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 4:37:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I was planning on buying one of  those in the very near future, but I'm a little nervous about ordering one before the sunset because I don't want to spend that kind of money on something I may not be able to use.

Six real working days & four congressional working days.....what could possibly happen?

Anyway, the bayonet lug could always be shave and a muzzle brake permanently installed, so you have very little to lose should..............well...............should hell freeze over between now and Sept. 13th.

On topic:  That Bushmaster barrel SHOULD be chrome lined.  Look at the chamber and muzzle.  You should see a silvery ring around the chamber and muzzle.  I guess this is slight overflow from the chroming process.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 4:50:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I forgot to ask. What was the time between ordering and receiving on that barrel?
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 4:57:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I forgot to ask. What was the time between ordering and receiving on that barrel?

I ordered mine about three weeks ago and got it the following week.  Mine came with an A2 FS.  If you call in your order, they tell you if the item is in stock.  HTH.

-Randy
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:23:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought mine last month, ordered it on friday, received it the next tth. I am very pleased with it and it shoots into 1 inch at 100 and does not open appreciably when hot. I put it on an A-1 upper and a preban lower with the slipover car type suppressor and it looks sharp and is very lite! I believe I am going to order another!
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:25:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Hi and thanks for the replies.

The time was about a week from order to ship. Good customer service. There is no ring around the muzzle. It looks very dark almost like rust. I can see it in the chamber though.

Thanks again
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:39:44 PM EDT
[#8]
What's the barrel stamped?

S/B fully chromelined
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:52:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
It looks very dark almost like rust. I can see it in the chamber though.

Sounds like it needs to be cleaned at a minimum.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:30:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
2). cannot tell if it is chrome lined. No recessed crown on the muzzle end.

All Bushmaster barrels are chrome lined except for the Varminter, DCM Match rifles, and the stainless barrels.

Barrels are always chromed after the rifling is cut - chrome is a bit on the hard side to cut.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top