Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2004 3:26:43 PM EDT
After the ban is gone, I am buying a new AR, I want something as close as possible the a real M4, and bushmaster.  Which model do I go with, and what is the lenght that I can have without having to register it as a short barrelled rifle?
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 4:32:17 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
After the ban is gone, I am buying a new AR, I want something as close as possible the a real M4, and bushmaster.  Which model do I go with, and what is the lenght that I can have without having to register it as a short barrelled rifle?

Umm... If you want a M4 style rifle from Bushmaster, than your best bet is probably the M4 style rifle from Bushmaster. The one in their catalog has a 14.5" barrel, with a comp to bring it up to the legal 16".  www.bushmaster.com/shopping/weapons/pcwa2x14m4my.asp

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 4:39:04 PM EDT
[#2]
If you want as close as possible to the real deal. Go with COLT.

There are some guys on the website who are taking orders for after Sept.14.

Colt I believe has a taller FSB which Bushmaster doesn't, the taller FSB helps with the shorter sight radius.

You can order one with a Perm. attached phantom/vortex to a 14.5" bbl. which gives an overall length of 16.1".

Go with that, I wouldnt go with the 16" bbl with A2 FH because it extends over 17" why not get a 20" if you are going to do that, not to mention you couldnt use the bayonet if you wanted to, it would look stupid or you would need an extension for the bayonet. Basically it would be like tits on a boar, not much use ehh.

With a 14.5" perm. attached Phantom you can use the bayonet lug and it will still be a twat hair over the required 16".
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:31:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I have heard Colt was made with less quality, and cost more now a days, is this true?
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:40:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Depends on who you ask.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:05:33 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm asking you guys.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:38:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:22:44 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'm asking you guys.

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:24:56 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I have heard Colt was made with less quality, and cost more now a days, is this true?

ALL LIES!!!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:44:23 AM EDT
[#9]
What I meant was that some here swear by Colts and proclaim every other producer's product to be of lesser quality than Colt's.  Others say there is none or very little difference in the quality of Colt, Bushmaster, Armalite, and RRA.  Me personally, I'm going to stick with either Bushmaster or Colt because there barrels are made from 4150 steel and have chrome lined chambers and bores, with the exception of some Colt models.  I wouldn't buy any other brand than the 4 mentioned above.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:57:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Colt is not keeping up w/ demand at all in the civilian market place. Most of their attention & production is geared towards the Dept. of Defense at this time. Both supply AND quality are missing right now in the Colt civilian market place. I know of major supplier / dealers who have personally shared this info w/ me on the phone. They can't even get a 1911 in stock for crying out loud.

Anyone who disagrees w/ this statement is more than likely uninformed or just plain ignorant of current market and production trends.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top