Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2004 5:52:29 AM EDT
This barrel has the 11 degree 'target crown', means the last 1/2 inch on the end of the barrel is a little thicker than the rest of it.  I want it threaded for a FS week after next, will this cause problems?
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:51:03 AM EDT
[#1]
It depends on the OA thickness at the end, it should not be a problem.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:13:57 AM EDT
[#2]
The end of the barrel is about 3/4".  The threads on AR flash hiders are 1/2".  To thread the barrel, you would need to disassemble the upper, and have the barrel turned down and threaded.

Probably better off just buying a new threaded chrome-lined barrel.

I'm going to add a RRA 6-position to my Model "1", then either have the upper rebarreled, or just replace the upper and use the Model "1" for a .22 conversion.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:36:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Hmmm, yeah, sounds like Suburban already has the right idea, I have my 6-pos. RRA waiting, and was pondering a new upper, and a Ciener .22 conversion... thanks for the advice
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top