Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2004 2:27:37 PM EDT
Hello, I noticed in cheaper than dirt they sell used Orlite 30 round mags but they say will not fit in bushmaster, we'll I took a chance and ordered a couple and they seem ok, I have not fired them yet, but what do they mean I thought all of the AR's were just about the same.

Thanks for some help
Brian Laib
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 2:43:31 PM EDT
[#1]
On some of the Orelite mags that little rib that runs across the mag will hit the bottom of the mag well or bushy's. If your fit ok your good to go, if they don't want to seat all of the way just a very small amount of trimming on that rib will let it seat, a file, dremmel tool or even a small sharp blade will do it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:58:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:06:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I got about ten orlites, never had any problems in my bushmaster or dpms lowers
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 10:47:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Earlier production lowers out to the 80,000 ser# range dont have as deeply a flared magwell as the later ones.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top