Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/29/2004 7:04:33 PM EDT
They both look practical, but I can't make up my mind.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:26:50 PM EDT
[#1]
MOUT

It is nice to be able to take the sling off the weapon without having to re-thread the dang thing.

I have one just like the HST and wish I had the MOUT.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:35:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Also, the Daniel Defense loop is better than the GG&G one.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:58:15 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I ordered one of those with my 6 postion stock form eagle firearms last thursday.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:34:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Any more opinions?
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:45:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Just depends one what you are going to do with it.

If you're planning on doing any walking with the weapon I'd say HST or any 3 point sling.

MOUT is a great sling as well but not nearly as comfortable when you need to hike.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:34:40 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If you're planning on doing any walking with the weapon I'd say HST or any 3 point sling.

The HST is a 1-point sling.  I've got the HST mounted to my rifle with a KAC QD sling mount that makes it the best of both worlds.  The QD swivel makes it fast and easy to take the sling off of the rifle, but you stilll have the ERB to get out of the sling in a hurry if your need to.  HTH.

-Randy
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 11:09:43 AM EDT
[#7]
I shoot quite a bit (although not like OD Delta!), and have gradually evolved to a single point like the MOUT. I have a sling rigged like the MOUT: big fastex connector close to the attachment, and I use the attachment provided w/ my MagPul M93A. The HST is similar, and I have two shooters who use it exclusively and very happily. It really seems to depend on your mission and your particular shooting style. Having the QD feature makes it nice when dropping into a prime mover (M1A1) or going to the head.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:00:18 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The HST is a 1-point sling.  I've got the HST mounted to my rifle with a KAC QD sling mount that makes it the best of both worlds.  The QD swivel makes it fast and easy to take the sling off of the rifle, but you stilll have the ERB to get out of the sling in a hurry if your need to.  HTH.

-Randy

My bad, I was thinking of the CST .

In light of that fact, I would go with the HST.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 3:41:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Ditto!

I have both the HST and the MOUT slings and ended up combining the quick detach loop of the MOUT (the part that secures it to the carbine) with the HST.

If I could only have one = MOUT... especially if you have a gun safe. Dragging that sling around everywhere gets to be a pain.

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 7:54:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ditto!

I have both the HST and the MOUT slings and ended up combining the quick detach loop of the MOUT (the part that secures it to the carbine) with the HST.

If I could only have one = MOUT... especially if you have a gun safe. Dragging that sling around everywhere gets to be a pain.

You seem to like it for the same reasons I do...

Hmm.  I have one of the Wilderness single point slings...is there a way I can just get the MOUT clips like you have it? (without having to buy another sling)
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 2:24:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
is there a way I can just get the MOUT clips like you have it? (without having to buy another sling)

Scroll to the bottom of the MOUT Sling page and select "Spare Connector Assembly" from the pull down menu. OD or black available.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:31:42 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

How so?

I have the CQB MOUT Sling with GG&G loop. would I be better off somehow with the other loop?
I do know the GG&G was not inexpensive- for what it is,

but is there more?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:08:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks greg!

And red,
The DD loop has the sharp edges rounded off so it doesn't tear up your sling.  Also, the angle of the loop makes it easier to manipulate your charging handle.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:12:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Damn I still haven't made up my mind...lol
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:33:30 PM EDT
[#15]
No problem EseLoco!

Wish I had a side-by-side comparison redfisher, but my GG&G is done getting in the way.

Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:46:13 AM EDT
[#16]
considering you have the benefit of experience with both- and have come down decidedly on the DD side- that's good enough for me

thanks for the insight/recommendations 'gw45'

........redfisher
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 7:50:05 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
is there a way I can just get the MOUT clips like you have it? (without having to buy another sling)

Scroll to the bottom of the MOUT Sling page and select "Spare Connector Assembly" from the pull down menu. OD or black available.

Well, I got the spare connector assembly today...it only came with the "male" attachment clip...so no workie...
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 11:29:32 PM EDT
[#18]
I have imo a nice setup ,a Troy CQB single point sling and a CQD 3 hole rear sling mount the sling has a shoulder pad and a quick adjustment strap, the mount is angled to the rear and has 2 mount points on the left and 1 on the right for lefties.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:34:11 AM EDT
[#19]
HSTS

I don't like the 1" webbing on the MOUT and how much the rifle flops around.  Great idea if you want the same sling on several rifles though.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:19:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Which sling(s) has the claw hooks? What are the advantages/disadvantages?
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:13:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Well I bought a mout in od green
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top