Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/29/2004 1:07:38 PM EDT
You do realize that your Eotech is marked "For Law Enforcement/Military Use", right?  
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 1:18:16 PM EDT
[#1]
well i guess i cannot use that either
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 1:20:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 1:41:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Is that rust I see on your arms mount release lever and set screws? Looks like you need a little CLP there.....
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 1:47:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
gandrtactical.com/images/LaRue_Tactical_EOTech_mount1.jpg

Is that rust I see on your arms mount release lever and set screws? Looks like you need a little CLP there.....

Actually, that would be Grant of G & R Tactical's "rusty" Larue mount.  I borrowed the picture from his site.  

It's not rust, BTW.  It's the color of the stainless steel lever.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 2:07:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You do realize that your Eotech is marked "For Law Enforcement/Military Use", right?  

It has to do with CONTRACT law and not firearm laws.

Eotech has the right to sell their sights to law enforcement and military customers.

Bushnell has exclusive rights to sell the product to sporting and competitive (civilian) customers. (Bushnell® HOLOsight.® ).

Eotech and Bushnell must not market or advertise their sights to each others customers. HOWEVER, vendors can sell it to whomever they want.

It is legal for you to buy and sell an Eotech sight even if you are not LEO/military.

Philip
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 2:14:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It has to do with CONTRACT law and not firearm laws.

Eotech has the right to sell their sights to law enforcement and military customers.

Bushnell has exclusive rights to sell the product to sporting and competitive (civilian) customers. (Bushnell® HOLOsight.® ).

Eotech and Bushnell must not market or advertise their sights to each others customers. HOWEVER, vendors can sell it to whomever they want.

It is legal for you to buy and sell an Eotech sight even if you are not LEO/military.

Philip

It was a joke in light of all the recent hooplah about LEO lowers.  LEO lowers and Eotechs are perfectly legal to own.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 3:28:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Lowers also add the word "Only" on the end.

Big difference.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 3:42:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Big difference.  

I saw the Colt 6920 Friday and it says

Law Enforcement Carbine   ---IIRC
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 3:45:50 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Big difference.  

I saw the Colt 6920 Friday and it says

Law Enforcement Carbine   ---IIRC

I think he means the other side of the receiver where it says something to the effect of "For Law Enforcement/Government Use Only".
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 4:18:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Someone needs to tack this letter I received from the ATF, so the question will be answered once and for all!
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 4:45:34 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Someone needs to tack this letter I received from the ATF, so the question will be answered once and for all!
photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=24971' target='_new'> photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=24971

You beat me to it. I was just going to post that letter. I also agree. It should be tacked.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 4:49:18 PM EDT
[#12]

Anyone else take that "CAUTION" sticker off of their EOTech to find the nice little white line it covers up?  I thought it was a big scratch until I noticed that it was the same type of mark as the LE/Military markings.  You can see the beginning of it in the above picture... Why would they do that?

-Randy
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 4:56:00 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Anyone else take that "CAUTION" sticker off of their EOTech to find the nice little white line it covers up?  I thought it was a big scratch until I noticed that it was the same type of mark as the LE/Military markings.  You can see the beginning of it in the above picture... Why would they do that?

-Randy

It could just be a reference line for lining up the sticker.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:30:48 PM EDT
[#14]
That begs the question from the BATFE letter --Just what is a "semi-automatic assualt weapon"?
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 6:14:26 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
That begs the question from the BATFE letter --Just what is a "semi-automatic assualt weapon"?

Oh god, a Semi-Automatic assult weapon as defined by the 1994 Assult Weapons Bill.  Civilians arent allowed to own these unless made before Sept 13 1994.  The AR's and AK's that we now own Post bans are not considered Semi-Automatic Assult Rifles.  So there is your answer
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 6:15:38 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

You'd have to look at the law, but in summation, it says a semi-auto with at least 3 of the following:   pistol grip, a detachable magazine, a bayonet lug, a flash suppressor, or a folding/collapsing stock.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:45:32 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Been in a cave or under a rock for the last ten years, have we?
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:08:08 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I saw the Colt 6920 Friday and it says Law Enforcement Carbine   ---IIRC

I think he means the other side of the receiver where it says something to the effect of "For Law Enforcement/Government Use Only".

No, that is what the rifle's official name is.   LE6920 is a stock/catalog number, which you will only see on the box label it comes in.    No receiver is stamped "LE6920".
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:02:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Say what you will, make jokes, carry that letter around in your back-pocket, whatever...

I still would not want the average LEO to pull me over for a 'routine traffic stop' and see my "Law Enforcement Only" marked rifle in the trunk. Most LEO's wouldn't know a preban from a postban, much less know that it's legal for me to own one of these lowers.

IMHO, you're just asking for an unnecessary headache...
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:12:32 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Say what you will, make jokes, carry that letter around in your back-pocket, whatever...

I still would not want the average LEO to pull me over for a 'routine traffic stop' and see my "Law Enforcement Only" marked rifle in the trunk. Most LEO's wouldn't know a preban from a postban, much less know that it's legal for me to own one of these lowers.

IMHO, you're just asking for an unnecessary headache... hr

But the police are asking for an unnecessary lawsuit for not knowing how to do there jobs.  Thus giving me tons of free money to buy more guns with
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:18:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:28:55 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

You'd have to look at the law, but in summation, it says a semi-auto with at least 3 of the following:   pistol grip, a detachable magazine, a bayonet lug, a flash suppressor, or a folding/collapsing stock.

Well, not really , but in 13 days it will be moot ,so I won't bother correcting you.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:37:06 AM EDT
[#23]
I've never had an LEO bat an eye at my  "Pete in NH" RRA lower thats marked "US Property".  
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:43:42 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, not really , but in 13 days it will be moot ,so I won't bother correcting you.

I'm bored, so here goes:

It's a semi-automatic rifle with a detachable magazine and having more than one of...yada...yada...yada...

If it's NOT a semi-automatic, or does NOT have a detachable magazine, it can have all the other features there are, without being an "assault weapon." "Semi-automatic" and "detachable magazine" are NOT "evil features" but qualifiers.

Hopefully all of that crap will be a moot point in a couple of weeks or so.

Lonny
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 11:36:39 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm bored, so here goes:

It's a semi-automatic rifle with a detachable magazine and having more than one of...yada...yada...yada...

If it's NOT a semi-automatic, or does NOT have a detachable magazine, it can have all the other features there are, without being an "assault weapon." "Semi-automatic" and "detachable magazine" are NOT "evil features" but qualifiers.

Lonny

But did you notice his letter said NO MORE THAN ONE!

Not at least 3.

Kind of odd, don;'t you think.

TXL
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 11:40:29 AM EDT
[#26]
You can have the EOTech sight -- no problem.  It's the protective hood that will get you thrown in the slammer.  People who put protective hoods on their expensive sights are either terrorists, LEO impersonators or mentally unstable.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:17:04 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

IMHO, you're just asking for an unnecessary headache...

Maybe they would believe you were a LE officer and let you go!

Not Really  But Im sure  It could bring some more questions, Id just stay cool and try to explain it to them. Hopefully they wouldnt go all Barney on you and haul your ass in.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:24:08 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

IMHO, you're just asking for an unnecessary headache... hr

Maybe they would believe you were a LE officer and let you go!

Not Really  But Im sure  It could bring some more questions, Id just stay cool and try to explain it to them. Hopefully they wouldnt go all Barney on you and haul your ass in.hr

HeHE
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:22:39 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm bored, so here goes:

Lonny

But did you notice his letter said NO MORE THAN ONE!

Not at least 3.

Kind of odd, don;'t you think.

TXL

Well damn....I mis-spoke....that never happens.........mark this day in history!
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 4:48:32 PM EDT
[#30]
"GOOD FAITH"

IF AN OFFICER IS OPERATING IN GOOD FAITH DO NOT COUNT ON HAVING ANY RECOURSE AGAINST THAT OFFICER

AN OFFICER THAT "TAKES TEMPORARY CUSTODY" OF YOUR LEO/GOV ONLY MARKED RIFLE/LOWER WILL PROBABLY ENGRAVE SAID RIFLE/LOWER WHEN HE LOGS IT INTO EVIDENCE AT THE END OF HIS SHIFT WITH HIS NAME AND I D NUMBER

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:10:31 PM EDT
[#31]
And to think that this thread started as a joke...
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 6:31:15 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
And to think that this thread started as a joke...

we take things pretty serously arond here sir
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top