Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2004 12:42:44 PM EDT
Does anyone have a .50 BMG upper for their AR15? I've been thinking about a .50, and this seems a good way to go, money and records wise. But I would like to hear of first hand experiences and satisfaction levels (or lack thereof!) What kind do you have? Are you happy with it? Why or why not? Is there any excess wear on the lower receiver? Thanks
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 12:53:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Me too...  tagged
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 1:06:59 PM EDT
[#2]
The question lingering in the back of my mind has always been possible excessive wear on the lower as well, and would also like to hear more on the subject.

~Crp
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 7:58:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Me three!  Hurry up, Im thinking about buying one and getting a dedicated lower.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:32:41 AM EDT
[#4]
from what i hear they are good to go
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 8:46:46 AM EDT
[#5]
I've gto a Ferret .50. I love it.

With a good muzzle break, You've got agood push, but not a snap on the recoil. MY shoulder get more sore from the SKS than it does from the .50.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:04:05 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

With a good muzzle break, You've got agood push, but not a snap on the recoil. MY shoulder get more sore from the SKS than it does from the .50.

Damn thats good to hear.  just with they were closer to $1000 then $2000.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:14:25 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn thats good to hear.  just with they were closer to $1000 then $2000.

I paid $1000 for mine

Just gotta keep your eyes open, and be patient. I found someone with a left handed Ferret (i'm a southpaw) with 10 rounds down the tube. Face to face, $1000.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 11:23:30 AM EDT
[#8]
they make 'em left handed!!!!

sweet jesus, you must be the luckiest guy on earth.

i shoot lefty.  i can't afford a barrett , and i'm sort of leary about shooting a .50 with the bolt a few inches from my teeth

i've heard these uppers transfer all the recoil to your shoulder.  unless your shooting from the hip.....
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 11:27:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Ferret50

They make left handed at no extra charge.  I love mine.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top