Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/28/2004 11:34:44 PM EDT
Well, with the AWB sunset coming up, I'm wanting to put a collapsible stock on my rifle.  Which stock would you recommend, and why?  I consider my choices:

1) Standard old collapsible (4 or 6 position)
2) Vltor collapsible
3) Magpul collapsible

Looking for a good learned opinion on the subject.  Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 11:35:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Mag pul is the most ergonaomic and sturdy of all, if you have the cash for it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 4:50:05 AM EDT
[#2]
If you buy a Magpul, make sure it is the "a" version, which is an updated version that has a better cheek weld, and some other small stuff.  (like an extra sling mount, maybe?)

Don't forget about the ACE M4 SOCOM.  
I like the looks a whole lot.
Supposed to be tough as nails.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 4:55:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 4:59:53 AM EDT
[#4]
So between the standard CAR stock and the M4 which one would be better and why?  Would it be worth the extra $30 bucks to upgrade in a kit from a CAR to an M4?  
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:05:32 AM EDT
[#5]
too many threads like this..

the normal m4 stocks are great.  i had a dpms 6pos.  i have a vltor now, cheek weld is very nice!  
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:19:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:34:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:43:45 AM EDT
[#8]
I bought and use the LMT Crane.
While it isnt cheap at about $250 including all the necessary components like new buffer, new spring, etc., you end up with a very solid adjustable stock and one that is simple in its function, design, and look

I haven't used the others, but to me they look complicated - not as in complicated to use- but lots of holes, edges, and such.

Granted, I have never heard a negative word on Vltor or MagPul - but the LMT is a great choice.

But first, do yourself a favor and read the tacked post and the follow-up 'opinions and replies' at the top of this forum- as it is the definative review on the subject
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top