Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2004 2:13:14 PM EDT
I purchased this M4 upper, and I want to make sure it is a Colt. It has the removable handle, barrel marked CMP and is stamped "M4" where the gas tube comes out of the front of the upper itself. Is this a Colt?

http://www.pixhost.com/pixj/junkman71/p8270003.jpg
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:08:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes.

The mfr mark indicates it was actually made by Diemaco, in Canada; but since Colt and Diemaco have a parts sharing agreement, and Diemaco does not/will not sell any of their product to civilians, it had to come from Colt.  Fear not; Diemaco stuff is about the best there is.  In some cases even better than what Colt turns out.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:33:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:43:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Here Kisara,
This might help him.

TheLoneGunman,
Look at the symbol on the lower.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:46:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=199142

Guess he didn't believe the first batch of answers.  

Hey Kisara, do you think I finally convinced him
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 11:18:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Sorry not that I disbelieved just wanted to be sure. Thanks for the info. The stylized "D" mark for Diemaco look much like the old Colt Industries mark of the 60s and 70s.

Link Posted: 8/29/2004 1:50:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Here Kisara,
This might help him.

TheLoneGunman,
Look at the symbol on the lower.
photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?sAccountUnq=42572&iGalleryUnq=1428&iImageUnq=29241

Is there any of those lowers/rifles floating around the US? I would like one. Assuming they even make them for the civilian market up north??
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top