Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2004 10:16:39 AM EDT
Is there a way to identify Colt std A2 rifle length handguards?  markings?
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 11:40:50 AM EDT
[#1]
No markings of any kind, and Colt rifle length HGs, aren't any better than any of the major aftermarket brands; Bushmaster, Rock River, etc.; so don't pay extra for them
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 11:46:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  I just wanted to know if my A2 handguards are Colt.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:11:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I can say this.  The ones you want to avoid (i.e. Melt-O-Matic) are very shiney, easy to warp, and the heat shields don't say "Do Not Remove."

I'm not positive that ALL good handguards say "Do Not Remove" but I KNOW the bad ones don't.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 7:16:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Yes there is a way to identify Colt rifle length handguards.  The ends are glossy black on the handguard cap end where other brands have the same sheen throughout.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 7:58:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes there is a way to identify Colt rifle length handguards.  The ends are glossy black on the handguard cap end where other brands have the same sheen throughout.

Hmmm. learn something every day.  I guess the GI surp HGs I bought sealed in the wrap a few years back,  with Colt mgf markings on the wrap, that have the same (low) sheen all the eay thru are bogus, huh?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top