Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2004 1:46:13 PM EDT
I found the posting which compares the different manufacturers.

Is there a general consensus of which manufacturers are the best values?

I know Colt, Armalite, and Bushmaster are on the expensive side.

Is there any real difference between RRA, Olympic, and DPMS?  Is there one I should stay away from (at this time I am leaning towards buying RRA).

Is there any functional difference between being chambered for 5.56 or .223?  Does one chamber have an advantage over the other?

At this point in time my plans are to buy an A2 standard (20" heavy barrel).  any disadvantages to this configuration other than weight of barrel or scope mounting options?
Thanks
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:36:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I love my RRA,  very accurate, but now that the ban is coming down i am going with a colt with all the evil features!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:35:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:43:43 PM EDT
[#3]
RRA over Oly or DPMS.  Just make sure you get a chromelined barrel.  The RRA uses a Wydle chamber.

Any questions regarding chambers and ballistics read here:

our bible
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top