Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/27/2004 11:20:50 AM EDT
What do you guys think?  Do you think w/ the upcoming sunset, manufacurers will possibly drop their prices on tele-stocks since they will be in higher demand?  Yeah, I know, it doesn't really go along w/ our capitalistic system, but look at the alternatives on the market -- one can get a 6-position or 4-position for considerably less.  I am hoping that the makers who are newer to the market will drop prices to compete with the lesser priced stocks.

Am I being too hopeful here?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:33:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I think prices are going to hold where they're at...at least for a while, anyways.

Pent-up demand and the rush to get a collapsible stock installed to beat any possible forthcoming new ban will insure that prices WILL NOT go down.

After the initial rush, they might go down in about 4 - 6 months, provided Kerry doesn't get elected or a new ban doesn't come into being.

So I think a price drop is just wishful thinking right now...

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:32:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I think it is severely unrealistic to think that the better stocks would drop in price.

They get more $$$ for them because they are better than the standard ones.

And, they are about to see a definite increase in sales, I bet.  Why would you want to drop your prices right then??
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:58:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:11:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:34:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:50:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:28:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:29:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You too Paul?  I couldn't get rid of a VLTOR for a while, now their sold before they arrive.  I spoke to Eric yesterday and he told me he is hopping!  Also, I talked to Rich today, and he didn't have a Coyote Magpul for me...  

Don't feel bad...no Coyote for me either
I am going to guess that Richard and Eric will be the 2 hardest working guys on the planet for the next several months

Deservedly so for the excellent products that they produce.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:58:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:08:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Pent-up demand and the rush to get a collapsible stock installed to beat any possible forthcoming new ban will insure that prices WILL NOT go down.

This is a non-issue. You can always add such a stock later. All you have to do is say you put a pre-ban upper on your rifle for 1 second and then took it off.

BTW, there ain't gonna be another ban. Us gun-owners won't let it happen next time.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top