Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/27/2004 8:38:30 AM EDT
With the ban sunsetting soon you guys have tempted me with ordering another damn AR, lol. Here's my question, I see from another thread that ImpactGuns has them going on sale immediately after the ban lifts. My question is between these two models, is there any difference other then the lack of HBAR, lighter weight and the 1 in 7 twist compared to the 1 in 9 twist tactical model? Which would you prefer and why? Heavier loads permitted with the 1 in 9 correct or do I have it backwards? So which would you get and why?
Thanx in advance

COLT-AR6721BF

-- AVAILABLE FOR CIVILIAN PURCHASE AFTER 9/13/04 -- Stamped Law Enforcement Only but legal to own after 9/13/04

Model: AR6721 - AR15A3 Tactical Carbine Finish: Black anodized receiver; black oxide barrel Action: Semiautomatic, gas operated, locking bolt Caliber: 5.56mm (.223 Rem) Capacity: 20 rounds; 30 rounds optional Barrel Length: 16.1"" HEAVY barrel Overall Length: 32"" to 35"Rifling Twist: RH; 1 turn in 9"Rifling Grooves: 6 Trigger: Smooth Front Sight: Adjustable Rear Sight: Detachable carrying handle with integrated M16A2 target style; adjustable for windage and elevation to 600 meters Sight Radius: 14.5"Weight: 7.0 lbs. (empty) Special Features: Carry handle detaches to allow optical mounting of tactical sighting system. Cartridge case deflector for left handed shooting. Two 20 round magazines, cleaning kit and sling are standard. Can be field stripped without special tools.

or

COLT-LE6920BF

-- AVAILABLE TO CIVILIANS AFTER 9/13/04 -- Stamped "Law Enforcement Only", but legal to own after the ban expires.
This specially designed law enforcement weapon system features many of the combat proven advantages of the military M4. With the 4-position buttstock fully retracted, the Law Enforcement Carbine is less than 30 in (76.2 cm) in length and weighs only 5.65 lb (2.56 kg) - ideal for tactical deployment and traditional patrol.
Colt's M4 Carbine is available with a step-cut barrel that allows it to accept a grenade launcher for non-lethal options. Furthermore, the handguard has dual insulated aluminum shielding for more effective heat protection.
- Unique direct gas operating system eliminates the conventional operating rod and results in fewer and lighter components
- Accommodates the full range of 5.56mm ammunition, including the NATO M855/SS109 and U.S. M193, utilizing a rifling twist of 1 turn in 7" (178mm)
- Straight-line construction disperses recoil straight back to the shoulder, increasing handling capabilities, especially during repeated fire
- 4-position sliding buttstock allows the weapon to adapt to users of different sizes and physical characteristics as well as various firing positions and clothing variations
- Cartridge case deflector allows easy operation in both right and left handed shooting positions for increased tactical applications
- Muzzle compensator further reduces muzzle climb and helps eliminate flash and dust signatures
- Ejection port cover protects the chamber from dust and mud
- Field strips easily without special tools for simple field user maintenance
- Flat top receiver allows for removable carrying handle and easy mounting of accessories
- M203 40mm Grenade Launcher (optional, subject to NFA restrictions) mounts directly to the Carbine without modification
- Two 20 round magazines, cleaning kit and sling are standard. 30-round magazines are optional
- Target style rear sight features dual apertures (0-200m, 300-600m) and adjusts for both windage and elevation
- High strength materials add durability to the forearm, buttstock and pistol grip for greater comfort and effectiveness.

edited for clarity
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:13:50 AM EDT
[#1]
TTT still hoping someone can help me out with my ?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:20:59 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
With the ban sunsetting soon you guys have tempted me with ordering another damn AR, lol. Here's my question, I see from another thread that ImpactGuns has them going on sale immediately after the ban lifts. My question is between these two models, is there any difference other then the lack of HBAR, lighter weight and the 1 in 7 twist compared to the 1 in 9 twist tactical model? Which would you prefer and why? Heavier loads permitted with the 1 in 9 correct or do I have it backwards? So which would you get and why?
Thanx in advance

COLT-AR6721BF

www.impactguns.com/store/media/colt_ar15_a3tact.jpg

-- AVAILABLE FOR CIVILIAN PURCHASE AFTER 9/13/04 -- Stamped Law Enforcement Only but legal to own after 9/13/04

Model: AR6721 - AR15A3 Tactical Carbine Finish: Black anodized receiver; black oxide barrel Action: Semiautomatic, gas operated, locking bolt Caliber: 5.56mm (.223 Rem) Capacity: 20 rounds; 30 rounds optional Barrel Length: 16.1"" HEAVY barrel Overall Length: 32"" to 35"Rifling Twist: RH; 1 turn in 9"Rifling Grooves: 6 Trigger: Smooth Front Sight: Adjustable Rear Sight: Detachable carrying handle with integrated M16A2 target style; adjustable for windage and elevation to 600 meters Sight Radius: 14.5"Weight: 7.0 lbs. (empty) Special Features: Carry handle detaches to allow optical mounting of tactical sighting system. Cartridge case deflector for left handed shooting. Two 20 round magazines, cleaning kit and sling are standard. Can be field stripped without special tools.

or

COLT-LE6920BF

www.impactguns.com/store/media/colt_ar15a3_6920.jpg

-- AVAILABLE TO CIVILIANS AFTER 9/13/04 -- Stamped "Law Enforcement Only", but legal to own after the ban expires.
This specially designed law enforcement weapon system features many of the combat proven advantages of the military M4. With the 4-position buttstock fully retracted, the Law Enforcement Carbine is less than 30 in (76.2 cm) in length and weighs only 5.65 lb (2.56 kg) - ideal for tactical deployment and traditional patrol.
Colt's M4 Carbine is available with a step-cut barrel that allows it to accept a grenade launcher for non-lethal options. Furthermore, the handguard has dual insulated aluminum shielding for more effective heat protection.
- Unique direct gas operating system eliminates the conventional operating rod and results in fewer and lighter components
- Accommodates the full range of 5.56mm ammunition, including the NATO M855/SS109 and U.S. M193, utilizing a rifling twist of 1 turn in 7" (178mm)
- Straight-line construction disperses recoil straight back to the shoulder, increasing handling capabilities, especially during repeated fire
- 4-position sliding buttstock allows the weapon to adapt to users of different sizes and physical characteristics as well as various firing positions and clothing variations
- Cartridge case deflector allows easy operation in both right and left handed shooting positions for increased tactical applications
- Muzzle compensator further reduces muzzle climb and helps eliminate flash and dust signatures
- Ejection port cover protects the chamber from dust and mud
- Field strips easily without special tools for simple field user maintenance
- Flat top receiver allows for removable carrying handle and easy mounting of accessories
- M203 40mm Grenade Launcher (optional, subject to NFA restrictions) mounts directly to the Carbine without modification
- Two 20 round magazines, cleaning kit and sling are standard. 30-round magazines are optional
- Target style rear sight features dual apertures (0-200m, 300-600m) and adjusts for both windage and elevation
- High strength materials add durability to the forearm, buttstock and pistol grip for greater comfort and effectiveness.

If I had a choice I would prefer the second one for the extra features.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:59:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd take #2 because of the lighter profile barrel and faster twist (better for heavier bullets).  It also has the newer ribbed telestock.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:02:03 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'd take #2 because of the lighter profile barrel and faster twist (better for heavier bullets).  It also has the newer ribbed telestock.

Ditto - I am not fond of HBARS - too heavy with too little benefit. Saves the manufacturer money becasue they don't have to turn the barrel down, that's about it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:02:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanx guys, that's the direction I was leaning towards as well. Is the HBAR the only chrome lined barrel?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:18:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:46:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:48:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanx all, I'm going with the 6920. Anybody want to take a Kimber Ultra Ten II CDP off my hands to help offset the cost? :D
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top