Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/27/2004 7:24:21 AM EDT
Hi folks,

I was thinking about mounting a Trijicon Reflex on my "banless" 11.5"/5.5" Bushmaster.
I don't want to spend a heck-of-a-lot on optics for such a short barreled rifle (I am trying to save up for an ACOG on my other rifle), and part of the appeal of the Reflex to me is the way it looks.

Would it be possible to use a GG&G "Under Foregrip Integrated Rail" (mounted on the top handguard) in combination with some type of riser to get the Trijicon Reflex mounted far forward and above the Front Sight Assembly ? If so, what kind of spacer would you folks reccommend ?

Thanks.

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:39:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Unless the handguard is free floated don't mount optics to it - espeically using something as flimsy as the GG&G add-on rail.

What you need to do is order your Reflex with the RX10 carry handle mount.  This allows you to mount the optic to the carry handle - but the optic hovers over the handguards (yes you can use the irons at the same time).  If you already have the Reflex with the quick release weaver mount then get a PRI or BC adjustable gooseneck mount.

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:54:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I second Forest's comment.  I have the Trijicon Reflex mounted like that on my HBAR.  That is a very solid mount and doesn't get in the way and doesn't require you to mount to the handguard.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top