Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/26/2004 8:21:10 PM EDT
Alright guys,
I don't know how to make this a poll, but.  What color should I get my "furniture" in?  This is going to be my first M4-whizz-bang-boomstick.  I have a RAS II on the way, and I plan on getting a VLTOR stock.

Classic Black
O.D.
Coyote Brown

Later,
R
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:24:46 PM EDT
[#1]
black all the way! I don't care for colored furniture, but to each his own. However, camoed ARs on the other hand are sweet. Just my 2 cents worth.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:30:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I like O.D.Green. It helps to break up the out line of the rifle.  I remember reading in SOF back in the early 80's that one of the bad things about the all black FAL's what that the gurilla troops could spot em' when the troops were hiking thru the jungle. The troops were camoed out ok but the rifle stuck out like a sore thumb because it was all black. My  new build will have O.D. green furinture for sure.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:11:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Black  IMHO  unless you are being deployed anytime soon.  Even then, most just paint away!!

If you do go OD or Tan,  TangoDown products and Vltor products are molded with the same material.  So the colors are a nice match.

There was a TD ad in a recent "special" issue of Guns&Ammo BOOK of the AR-15 in big white letters on the front.  The weapon was decked out in the coyote color Vertgrip,Battlegrip, Rail covers and Vltor stock..LMT upper, ....looked pretty darn nice!!

good luck!

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 11:39:00 PM EDT
[#4]
MARPAT
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:07:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Black...unless you want brasspile to do a cool paint job for you.  I've always been a fan of the plain black look.  The more evil looking the better.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:14:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Here is black and OD together, I still like all black best

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:49:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Coyote Brown.  I have a black, OD, and Coyote AR-15s.  The Coyote is the best color - most versitie, best looking, and doesn't get as hot as the black furnature when left in the sun.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:15:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Keep 'Black Rifles' Black!!
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:16:46 PM EDT
[#9]
DUPE...sorry
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top