BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/26/2004 8:40:10 AM EDT
Jayson@IGF sorted out my HK93 turning it into a HK33K SBR.  He installed the correct front sight with grenade launching ring, installed paddle release, and remarked it HK33K.  He then finished it in Envirotech over park which is identical to the latest HK finish.  Jayson does work that easily rivals Urbach, Dyer and RDTS without the wait or incredible BS. Beautiful work.

I posted some pics beside the MP5 to give a size comparison.  I also have an HK 53 SBR clone (off to the smith to become eeeeevvvvviiiil).  While it is cute, I don't know why someone would want a 53 over a 33K as I think the 33K is perfect for the CQB role.  Please compare size and note that with a 53 long flash hider the 33K is not much longer than the 53.

By the way. G3K incoming from Big50.  I will review it when I get it.

http://img69.exs.cx/img69/6649/HK33K_MP5poster.jpg

http://img69.exs.cx/img69/5906/HK33Kposter.jpg

http://img69.exs.cx/img69/1566/HK33Kfrontend.jpg

http://img69.exs.cx/img69/2268/HK33Kmarkingsclose.jpg

http://img65.exs.cx/img65/4697/HK33KRside.jpg
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:49:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:55:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I've never been one for stamped-steel firearms.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:57:22 AM EDT
[#3]
That's one nice gun.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:59:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Very cool!!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:04:54 AM EDT
[#5]
beauties 48th highlander....igf can do some nice work!

"coolness" is in the eye of the beholder, but i have to say that the hk33/93 is one helluva shooting rifle.  its really smooth and the recoil is nothing like an ar, seems i can control it a lot better in fast sa and/or fa fire.  maybe the weight of the rifle has more to do with it than anything else, but i know that the stamped steel roller locks are one of my faves to shoot in 223.  the only thing that turns me off to 53/33k is the increased muzzle blast......
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:13:56 AM EDT
[#6]
regardless of what anyone says, that's an awsome rifle dude......I love that design. Simple,easy to maintain and you can beat the fuck out of it and not worry too much about anything.

Joe
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:41:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:44:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Totally cool!  The delayed blow-back roller lock is most rugged and reliable way to go, IMO.  Nothing wrong with stamped steel - if the best GPMG made (MG42/MG1 family) can use it, it's fine for a semi-auto 5.56.  I can't wait to get my CETME back from Big50.  I've always wanted a Stg45 family rifle.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:44:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Me again....

I have an ORF built 53 w/16" barrel. I always seem to grab one of my ARs....when I actually pick up the 53 clone and go out I instantly remember why I have it...it is a joy to shoot. The recoil is very mild and I just like the sound of the action and the spent shell being thrown a mile to the right front....I don't shoot that gun as often, but I sure like it.

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:49:50 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm not a big fan of HK products but the HK53 is one of the few HK products that I would truely like to own.

The HK53 is about as small as I would want a 5.56x45mm weapon to get and I feel the HK53 is a better compact 5.56x45mm than a comparable AR15/M16 based weapon.   The short barrel may really handicap the 5.56x45mm but the gun is so small and compact it just screams "FUN".

Only other HK firearm that holds my interest is the P7 series of handguns.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 11:07:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 11:33:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Doesn't make any difference to me.  The carbine matches I shoot, 40 yards would be a long shot.

If you want to talk wound ballistics which do not mean jack to me, I would much rather be shot with a 9mm than 55 gr 223 from 1/12 twist 12 " barrel.  You must know as soon as that mofo hit tissue it would turn into a yawing fragmenting destabalizing buzzsaw.  

There is no comparison of your M4 14.5 62 grain bullet in a 1/7 barrel problem to this rifle.  An M4 set up like this (milspec with milspec ammo) does the ice pick thing.

This rifle was not designed to shoot targets at 400m.

I'd say it probably does a pretty good job at what it was designed to do.\

Mall Ninja talk is wasted on me.  I don't have fantasies of TEOTWAWKI or the Mall's Victoria Secret shop being robbed by felons armed with AK47's. http://www.mallninja.com/images/tmf05.jpg

I took on this project because I wanted to, not because I am procuring 2000 rifles for a secret unit of operators who plan black bags ops on North Korea.  Some people need to learn seperate reality from fantasy.

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 11:44:37 AM EDT
[#13]
You probably posted this on the wrong forum if you were looking for much in the way of compliments when comparing a 53 to the M4.  I've used both, and I still like the M4 better.  Don't get thin skinned on us, I didn't see anyone but you mention mall ninja or anything similar.  Just remember that this is an AR site, and most here aren't HK people.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 11:59:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Can't we all, just get along!!!! BTW....real men shoot 7.62!!!!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 12:05:21 PM EDT
[#15]
HKs suck! Send me the HK33 and I'll send you my M4, you'll be much happier with that. I'll even pay postage and buy you a case of ammo for it!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 12:11:22 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Doesn't make any difference to me.  The carbine matches I shoot, 40 yards would be a long shot.

If you want to talk wound ballistics which do not mean jack to me, I would much rather be shot with a 9mm than 55 gr 223 from 1/12 twist 12 " barrel.  You must know as soon as that mofo hit tissue it would turn into a yawing fragmenting destabalizing buzzsaw.  

There is no comparison of your M4 14.5 62 grain bullet in a 1/7 barrel problem to this rifle.  An M4 set up like this (milspec with milspec ammo) does the ice pick thing.

This rifle was not designed to shoot targets at 400m.

I'd say it probably does a pretty good job at what it was designed to do.\

Mall Ninja talk is wasted on me.  I don't have fantasies of TEOTWAWKI or the Mall's Victoria Secret shop being robbed by felons armed with AK47's.

www.mallninja.com/images/tmf05.jpg

I took on this project because I wanted to, not because I am procuring 2000 rifles for a secret unit of operators who plan black bags ops on North Korea.  Some people need to learn seperate reality from fantasy.

First, let me say that those are very nice weapons.  I am sure that they are a pleasure to own and shoot.  Second, I agree with Stickman in that singing the praises of the HK could be considered inappropriate on an board dedicated to the AR.  

I don't consider the HK a superior weapon system.  I run our local Tactical Rifle matches, and would favor the AR if for nothing else than the difference in time necessary to recharge the weapon.

By the way, do you have ANY idea who that is in your picture?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 12:13:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 12:16:33 PM EDT
[#18]
The post had to be a satirical post in jest.

To suggest that 5.56x45mm out of a shorter barreled HK53 clone is going to perform better as a "tumbling buzzsaw" than a longer barreld M4 shooting the same round is laughable and truely a comment worthy of Gecko_45.

Where's our medium speed operator to come in and demand royalty for improper use of his likeness, or should I say "roundness".
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 12:21:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Guy comes around fishing for compliments on how 'cool' his rifle is, then starts throwing Mall Ninja insults when he doesnt get the desired responses?  
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 12:26:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Those guns are cool in that they cost a lot of money and are rare....beyond that, blah!

How's this guy linking to mallninja.com pics when the whole site seems to be down?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 12:55:19 PM EDT
[#21]
The mall ninja site is up!

Just having some fun guys.  Actually of all forums I visit, this one is the touchiest and I suppose I should tread lightly.  I am not sure why.  I have never posted a pic anywhere of a rifle that has such nice work done on it ($4000 host gun) and had a bunch of guys tell me it was a POS either.  

Fishing for compliments yes.  I want everybody to see the nice work IGF does.  He also does AR work.  All I did spend the money.

I am not and HK, AR, Aug, or anything else guy.  They all have their quirks.

I will admit that the AR is the best carbine for games.  I have not used mine yet for a carbine match as I am too busy shooting more exotic stuff.  I had  played with the C7 for 5 years in the CF.  For me its not about becoming some sort of armchair operator, it is about having fun.  Shooting different rifles and talking shop.

How do you know anything about an HK33K or anything else for that matter if you refuse to open your eyes or try one out?  There is lots of things about the HK9x series rifle I do not like, but it does not make it a POS.  

http://img50.exs.cx/img50/5434/chill.jpg

Open your eyes!  There is a whole big world out there!!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:09:56 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm not an AR guy either.  I love em all, shit get both!.  NICE GUN!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:19:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Brushdog, where in TX are you.  There is a carbine match this weekend near Austin.  I live near San Antonio.  

Someone tell me about the guy in the picture.  I just found it amusing and hotlinked it here.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:26:07 PM EDT
[#24]
I like it....  The only draw back is the cost...  $2500 for the gun, $30-$50 for mags, and who knows how much for that conversion (which is awesome and worth every penny from what I can see).  Right now ARs are the smartest choice for me...  Now I'm really kicking myself for passing on the $1600 HK93...

Spooky
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:30:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Oh, functionally stamped steel doesn't bother me a bit.  The ridges and rolls actually give it a flexibility and resiliancy thicker forged parts lack.  Appearance-wise I have never cared for it.

I can certainly see the "I swear - all I could see before I pulled the trigger was this circle and a little post in the center" side of this issue.  Still definately qualifies with 'black anti-liberal' coolness.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - whatever blows your hair back.

Real men don't want to be shot with 308 or 223, btw.  If you find me a real man who'll stand there and let someone drill 1/4" holes in him at several times the speed of sound let me know so I can have him comitted.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:14:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Beautiful guns you have there.

What kind of velocity are you giving up with the 53 vs the 33K?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:28:21 PM EDT
[#27]
HK sucks.
Not really nice rifles way too much money for a poor man though. Are their any job opening where you work??
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:00:39 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Brushdog, where in TX are you.  There is a carbine match this weekend near Austin.  I live near San Antonio.  

Someone tell me about the guy in the picture.  I just found it amusing and hotlinked it here.

Down here in Harlingen, about 300 mi south of you.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:25:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Its pretty cool.....
.....for an HK.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:28:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Nice gun!

But I'm easy, I like 'em all!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:52:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Tricked out M4...way "cooler".  How is that thing tricked?  I think the main "cool" component to your HK is because of the rarity .  An M4 with all the goodies is hard if not impossible to beat.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:54:13 AM EDT
[#32]
The HK's you have are real nice. One of my workers really likes the looks of the HK's (never actually owned one) and I favor the looks of an M4.

Other than that, I don't really like the charging handle on the HK's....come to think of it, I don't really like the cocking procedure on the AR's either (as opposed to a side cocking lever like the AK's have).. But given a choice, the AR would be my choice again.

As far as collectability the HK wins hands down, but the question was about the "cool" factor wasn't it? If DIFFERENT is cool to you, the HK wins.  But if you're a person that likes mechanical stuff and appreciate design, the AR is a much more finished piece. The HK's are basically built for function first, looks second.

Thats the way I see it.

Oh yeah, in my humble opinion, the M4 bone stock looks cooler than any HK. Guess it's like having your Glock people and Sig people...and let's not forget your 1911 people. I think everyone has a little 1911 in them though.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:11:03 AM EDT
[#33]
This is akin to posting pics of your 1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RSR on a chevy site... Yes they are very nice and shoot quite well I'll bet. We all like our ARs.

My roomate has more than a couple HKs sitting in the safe. 2 94s, 2 91s a host of HK pistols. Some with cans some not. Oh yeah his frst 94 is SBRed and has an SWR can on it. OHHHHH so much fun to shoot. Me I am stickin with my M4 based platform. For pistol cal stuff I want a .40 cal upper. It would be NICE to have a 94 but the way I would want it would start to approch the cost of a good used car. I just don't make enough yet...

IPSC
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:25:33 AM EDT
[#34]
Wicked cool mainly because most of us can't get them anyway.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:51:10 AM EDT
[#35]

The photoshop picture is of our own Sinistrail Rifleman.  I believe that the picture was taken at one of the Subgun / Tactical Rifle matches he shoots.  He's one of the big dogs at Calvary Arms, which also happens to be one of this boards industry partners.

What you did was akin to going into a  restaurant and insulting the cook.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:58:49 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

The photoshop picture is of our own Sinistrail Rifleman.  I believe that the picture was taken at one of the Subgun / Tactical Rifle matches he shoots.  He's one of the big dogs at Calvary Arms, which also happens to be one of this boards industry partners.

What you did was akin to going into a  restaurant and insulting the cook.

Strictly for accuracy in reporting, he(SR) did make that picture himself.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:32:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Ooops.  It wasn't the the guy in the pic that was funny, it was the whole package.  I apologise.

There seems to be 2 breeds of folks if you want to catagorize people.  There are the mall ninjas and the armchair commandos.  I think I fall into the armchair commando brigade.

Like I said before, I have always had an AR.  Just now however am I tricking one out with the latest doo-hickeys, and I must admit.  This crap is expensive!!!!  People keep talking about how expensive an HK is and yet I just bought a folding front sight for $180!!!  

Collectability.....the difference it, an pre-89 HK has intrinsic value.  Spend $2500 on your AR and try to sell it for $2500.  The only way to get your money back out of it is to part out the rifle.  

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:34:30 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Ooops.  It wasn't the the guy in the pic that was funny, it was the whole package.  I apologise.

There seems to be 2 breeds of folks if you want to catagorize people.  There are the mall ninjas and the armchair commandos.  I think I fall into the armchair commando brigade.

Like I said before, I have always had an AR.  Just now however am I tricking one out with the latest doo-hickeys, and I must admit.  This crap is expensive!!!!  People keep talking about how expensive an HK is and yet I just bought a folding front sight for $180!!!  

Collectability.....the difference it, an pre-89 HK has intrinsic value.  Spend $2500 on your AR and try to sell it for $2500.  The only way to get your money back out of it is to part out the rifle.  

Sad but true... unlkess another semi-auto ban passes, then that may all change (not that I am hoping for one)
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:47:45 AM EDT
[#39]
nice
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:53:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Unfortunately the military cannot issue seperate rifles for MOUT and regular engagements. That is why most people here do not like the idea of such a short rifle in 5.56. That is also why so many people are watching the next rifle adoption closely. When my boots are on the ground I am not on at a carbine "match". My range is two way and very unforgiving. Do I want to limit my weapon to engagements under 40yds.? F#*k no! When I get through inside a building, I have to get back outside and possibly fight in a much longer engagement. As for the mall ninja attack- don't come here looking for comments and when you don't get the ones you want lash out. Uncalled for. I have no room for H&K.
JMHO
Hispeedal1-Out.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:44:44 PM EDT
[#41]
I aint in the military anymore.  I am a big boy and a free man.  I can have whatever rifle I want for just about  any and every purpose I see fit as long as I am interested and I have the cash.

It would be wise for alot of folks to realize that this is a hobby for most.  

Anyone who refuses interest in any other rifle than an AR is a fucking mo-ron.  I suppose if they instituted an AWB for everything but the AR, there would be a pile of geeks to support it?  I thought maybe I crossed the line here, but there really are some tards in grass.  I like AR's and just about anything else I want to get my hands on.  

Very dramatic paragraph, but I am on a one way range with cardboard.  BTW, I NEVER met a balls to the wall trooper who sat around and talked for endless hours about his back up sight or rail.  So shut your MOUT!  Ever heard of the grey man?  No........didn't think so.  

For those of you who can appreciate a little variety in life and rifles and enjoyed the pic, thanks.  For those of you who found it an opportunity to tell me what a POS it is; my momma always said, if you don't have anything nice to say, shut your pie hole!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:55:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:34:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Elite Food Court Team 6

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:59:10 PM EDT
[#44]
SinistralRifleman,

I thought the pics were great.   Who gives a rats ass what a bunch of 19 year olds think.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:36:31 PM EDT
[#45]
The recoil on the HK guns are completely different from the AR/M16.  The HK's tend to chatter, and though controllable, they just take more experience to shoot well, compared to the M16/M4.

The HK's remind me of shooting a Benelli shotgun, whereas the M16 is more of a Rem 1100.

If we were to run a course of fire with both guns, the M16 would end up running better scores than the HK with everybody but the extremely experienced FA shooters.  The HK has a more "cool" factor, but when it comes to putting bullets on the target, it's a second place finisher.

Surprisingly, in the subgun matches, the MP5 rarely makes the cut, but the slow fire MAC normally is on top with the serious shooters.  Go ahead and bury your head in shame......but that's what happens with the BS stops.

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:43:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:54:14 PM EDT
[#47]
WTF some people take this  critisism way to serious. Can u imagine the shit I would have got if i would have posted pics of my cheap savage tactical 223 (which by the way shooting for acuracy I ll put it up against any AR15 HK or whatever else high priced shit u want to bring looser buys beer).
Or god forbid my monkey made CETME which will turn dead soldier's into dust from whence they came at 100 yrds with open sights  350 invested. My preban (soon to be debaned hopefully) colt national match hbar will do the same thing as the cetme but i paid 800 for it several years ago.
   I say drink a beer relax enjoy shooting all types of weapons don't be so close minded and stuck up about how cool and expensive your rifles are if everyone was that way all of our pasions (guns) wouldnt be threw the roof in price. WTF a colapsible stock cost 200 dollars for the nice one 350 for a fal 250 for hk what do you think any of these cost to manufacture i bet its less than 25% of what they cost. By the way my cheap old mini 14 ranch rifle will kill just as deadly as any of them unless their is some mistical force that makes a 223 more deadly in a higher priced gun please inlighten me.
jmtc
Robert
ALL guns are way cool But lots of them are way overpriced.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:05:26 PM EDT
[#48]
It is loser not looser! Are your pants looser because you are a loser?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:21:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Wha wha wha whine whine whine he made fun of my spelling I cant take this critisism im leaving u hurt my one feeling. Really I'm just drinking a beer and admiring your ability to be so hurtful to someone you don't even know. your so mean and for no reason YOU knew WTF I meant u hateful
B%$#.  
OFFER still stands put your beer where your spelling coments are TUF guy.
MOON shine is fine too for you KY boys
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:33:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Don't fret 48thHighlander. Everything that is not AR-15 gets talked down on this site.

I'm on my second H&K 91 (traided my first for a rare Polygonal barreled model in pristine condition) and sold my model 93 years ago (IMO it's just too heavy for a .223).

I've always wanted a model 53 (and even a model 33 would be choice)!

H&K's are fine weapons and the modifications you had chosen are also fine!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top