Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/25/2004 10:14:36 AM EDT
I was looking at the VLTOR rifle length stocks and see that they go for about $120 minus buffer, tube and spring. I was wondering if a regular A2 stock's buffer, tube and spring would work with this stock? Also, what is the difference in length between the A1 and the A2? If you go with the A1 do you need an A1 tube?
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:20:39 AM EDT
[#1]
The tubes are the same.  The A2 stock just uses a little extension peice on the end.  All you need is the actual stock, and a shorter end screw (should be included) and you're gravy.

The A1 is about 5/8ths of an inch shorter.  I have a CAV arms A1 stock on my AR, and I wouldn't go back to the A2.

Only time you need to worry about changing stocks would be if it came with an A1 stock- then you need the spacer, longer screw, and stock, and you're set.

Scott
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 11:44:45 AM EDT
[#2]
+1
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top