Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2004 5:51:28 AM EDT
If the assault weapon ban sunsets will firearms companies immediatly offer AR's and other black rifles with collapsable stocks, flash suppressors, hi cap mags and other evil fetures?  

Or will they either try to play a political game such as Colt has in the past and not offer the offensive options or not offer them because they forsee the ban being renewed next year?

Steve
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:59:40 AM EDT
[#1]
They are already pre-ordering the uppers and lowers with the evil features. They will be there.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:00:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Armalite is already playing ball with their Prepaid Preban purchase program - you can pay for and order one now to have it shipped the day the ban expires. Other manufacturers, it remains to be seen.

It's a sure bet Colt will be one of the last to jump on the wagon, but I suspect most others with start shipping preban rifles once the AWB is fully expired.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:30:30 AM EDT
[#3]
They allready are...

All 'Law Enforcement Only' weapons & mags will be 100% legal for anyone to buy...
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:32:57 AM EDT
[#4]
? There will still be bbl length restrictions as well as no full-auto, both of which LE can have.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:41:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
? There will still be bbl length restrictions as well as no full-auto, both of which LE can have.

The AWB of '94 is going away and that is all.  The import ban of '89, the GCA of '68 and the NFA of '34 will still be around.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 2:19:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The AWB of '94 is going away and that is all.  The import ban of '89, the GCA of '68 and the NFA of '34 will still be around.

unfortuntely they are, the only way those are going to expire is after a revolution
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 3:25:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I think companies are EXCITED by the ban expiring... sales should go through the roof!

As an example (and slightly AR off topic) DSA just starting offering their US made FAL folding stock lower receivers.  Of course you still need a certain quota of US made parts.  I'm POSITIVE DSA would not have starting offering these if the ban was not set to expire shortly.

Scot
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:56:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I think that Colt will be on board.
There is too much money to lose if they don't.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 12:17:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Colt spent extra money to put in sear blocks when they weren't required.  What makes you think they're going to care about a little bit of lost sales?  But since they already make post-sunset configs for LE/Mil it's just a question of whether dealers will be able to get them.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 12:37:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Colt spent extra money to put in sear blocks when they weren't required.  What makes you think they're going to care about a little bit of lost sales?  But since they already make post-sunset configs for LE/Mil it's just a question of whether dealers will be able to get them.

Good point on the sear blocks move.

Hopefully, they will react to customer demand for the product, and follow it up with the customer service just like the other major manufacturers have

Like I said I hope so..............although customer service will be my big interest since I have already purchased my LE6920 and it is -as of today- sitting at my gunshop waiting on the sun to set.

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:50:39 PM EDT
[#11]
What does the sear block do?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:58:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Makes it harder to install an auto-sear to convert the gun (ilegally) to full-auto.  It also makes it harder to install a (legal) registered drop-in auto sear and some match triggers.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:36:15 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

LE agencies can buy those (as can any individual willing to go thru the ATF hoops), but individual officers have no special access for personal ownership beyond anyone else.

Only 'special' access we have now (afaik) is for  >10-round mags and guns in "pre-ban" configuration. Full-auto, short-barrel, suppressors, etc; individual officers are in the same boat as everybody. (IMO, that's as it should be; leo's are "citizens" just like anyone.)

I suspect that most LEO's are as eager for this to sunset as everyone else is. I know I am.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:04:59 PM EDT
[#14]
yes
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:58:20 PM EDT
[#15]
I can't wait to see un neutered AR-15's at gunstores.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top