Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/24/2004 5:19:41 PM EDT
The sportsmans Guide has blue mags for 10.97 What are blue mags??????
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:21:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Sad ones? No really sad ones. Blued finish.

MT
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:21:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Are they actually blue or blue like the finish
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:24:20 PM EDT
[#3]
welcome rainman. I'm kinda skeptical about "blue" mags. just get you some USGIs on the Equipment Exchange.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:25:02 PM EDT
[#4]
blue would = steel

Steel would = shit
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:30:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks that was quick
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:31:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Sportmans Guide = Buyer beware.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:36:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:56:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Unless it's a British SA80 steel mag, STAY AWAY!

By the way, everyone I've encountered prefer the British mags, they're same as USGI but steel made, so it's much sturdier and makes it that much better than the already flawless USGI mags. Much cheaper too.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:02:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I have 24 brit grey mags with the new magpul followers in half green in the others with wolf X power springs and they are the toughest most reliable mags I have in my inventory.I happen to have gotten mags that didint have catch hole dimension problems.I recently went through 500 rounds out of those mags and they had been loaded 6 months and they were flawless.If you get good ones they are the best.Just buy them local so you can try the mags in your rifle before buying as what I did.My dealer had a huge box filled with them and the first 24 I pulled out clicked in just fine with minimal effort like an aluminum mag.The biggest advantage the steel have over the aluminum is longer service life and wont bulldge over time from use or being loaded long periods,its undisptedly tougher and with good internal components in my opinion un equaled in stregnth,durability and reliability.If you get them cheap like I did the upgraded internals only bosst the price of the mag a couple dollars more than a labelle teflon mag with I also have and they are great.I just like having the most durable mag as in evevry thing I have ever read about the M16 is that the aluminum mag is the weak link in the system...try em and then buy em..with out hesitation.And as far as rusting like alot of people will bring up,traet them like any steel surface wich an AR has plenty of and they will be fine just like my AK,M14 and others.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top