Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2004 5:18:23 PM EDT
Gents-

Acquired my first AR (Rock River Arms CAR A4 with mid-length) recently and had some questions on obtaining sights sights on this.  I'm planning on using this for tactical rifle matches, most of which don't exceed 100 to 150 yards (my trusty M1 carbine wasn't able to keep up with the AR's)

Was wondering what peoples thoughts were on ARMS products, their quality, accuracy and if there are any problems with them in terms of zeroing on A4 uppers.  

I'm planning on getting an ACOG at some point and would prefer to not have to duplicate funds on a detachable carry handle and then a back up sight.  

But either way, just looking for some advice on this and any other info I can squeeze from you guys on sight options.  
Thanks
Lithgow303
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:01:24 PM EDT
[#1]
The 40 and 40 L are the top of the line for fold down sights. Dual apertures, spring loaded, which means it can't get knocked down by accident when you need it. Lock down so it doesn't get deployed by accident. 40L is good for the ACOG.
Good shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:02:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The 40 and 40 L are the top of the line for fold down sights. Dual apertures, spring loaded, which means it can't get knocked down by accident when you need it. Lock down so it doesn't get deployed by accident. 40L is good for the ACOG.
Good shootin, Jack

Welcom back Jack
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:23:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, me been wary wary busy.
Jack
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:35:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thanks, me been wary wary busy.
Jack

Not as busy as you are gonna be putting out this little LaRue fire.

Where is my pop corn?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:47:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Fire?, I guess some things are popular on this forum if the profit margin is good for the promoters. I rather advocate what is best in hardware. Military things are best without a tool to tighten, and not wear the finish off a weapon, but that's just my opinion.
Good shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:58:13 PM EDT
[#6]
ARMS products are great.  I dont own one, but they have a rock steady reputation here.  The 40 and 40L are great BUIS.  You will be able to easily use them as your primary sights until you get the ACOG and they will be just as accurate as a carry handle mount.  For DCM matches you would want an A2 carry handle, but you tactical courses will be well served by the 40 series.  Most people  dont like the ARMS 40 A (I think) that has the small ring notched on top.  This clears the ACOG, but people say it distorts their sight picture.  The 40L is the best of everything for only a few bucks more.  The only complaint is it resets to the small aperature, but if you always have it up as a primary sight you can just keep the large aperature up.  If you have an ACOG and the sight is down, it wont matter.  Only if your scope fails and your taking it off in the heat of battle will the 40L's resetting to the small retical affect you.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:55:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a 40 and #38(on the riser)

They are the best Back up iron sights I have ever come across.

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:55:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the info on that.  Though, the carbine is strictly for tactical shoots as I run .30-06 exclusively for DCM shoots.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top