Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/24/2004 1:58:22 PM EDT
My dear old ex- has a couple ARs that she want's me to help her unload.  Not that it means much anymore (at least around these parts) but they're both pre-ban.  They're both the same basic configuration--CAR-style telestock with the 11 1/2 inch barrel with the peraanently affixed 5 1/2 inch flash suppressor.  One's an unfired Bushy with A2 sights and the other's a lightly used Oly with A1 sights.  What are these going for as Sunset draws near?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:01:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I personally wouldn't pay any more for a NIB pre-ban than I would for one straight from the factory today.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:10:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I personally wouldn't pay any more for a NIB pre-ban than I would for one straight from the factory today.

That was my thought.  Nothing collectable about Bushies or Olys.  Maybe some added value if you can take them to states with state AWBs, but I have no idea how much.

Come on, somebody throw some dollar figures at me.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:19:32 PM EDT
[#3]
$500- $650 max after the sunset.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:49:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Talk about bad timing on her part...anyways, the Bushy will bring more now and after the sunset...Olys are cheaper now and were cheaper then so they will still be priced accordingly. I don't think the Bushy will go quite to 500-600 level...I bet on the EE right now or a show you could do much better than that.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:58:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Talk about bad timing on her part....

Yeah.  Especially when you consider the fact that I offered her $1150 each for them last year and she told me I was trying to rip her off.  Some people don't know a hand out whan it hits them in the face.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:00:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm a CT boy... I'd pay $800 for a pre Bushie... if I had $800

- BUCC_Guy
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:02:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Okay.  The ban is gone, and she needs money  If I buy one, what can I reasonably expect to resell it for (it an unfired formerly preban Bushy carbine)?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top