Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/24/2004 10:29:49 AM EDT
I have a bushy with a 16" v-match barrel, 1/9 twist (though it may be 1/7). I want to shoot 3gun matches with it. Our longest shot will be 200yards. I bought a new aimpoint and want to get it sighted in. I remeber something about an inch low or high at 25yrds is dead on at 200 yards, and I will also be very close at 100yards too. I will be using 55gr winchester white box ammo.

How high/low should I be at 25yards with my aimpoint using a GG&G cantelever aimpoint mount. TIA
Tim
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:32:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Just zero the Aimpoint at 50 yards and ya should be very close to dead on at 200 (depending on the ammo).

Mike
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:58:39 AM EDT
[#2]
according to a ballistic table I got if I am 3/4 inch low at 25 yards I will be dead on at 100, and 3 inchs low at 200.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 12:20:15 PM EDT
[#3]
'Depends on your HOB.... Are you using standard A2's or BUIS's? The height will differ slightly and have a huge effect on the flight path...
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 12:38:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I recommend this
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 12:58:29 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
'Depends on your HOB.... Are you using standard A2's or BUIS's? The height will differ slightly and have a huge effect on the flight path...

I'm not using iron sights, I'm using my aimpoint.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 1:07:13 PM EDT
[#6]
You still need your HOB to determine trajectories...
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 2:36:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You still need your HOB to determine trajectories...

NOT TRUE, the IBZ, which is linked to above by "Sharpshooter" is the #1 used zero for Aimpoint/EOTech equipped rifles, (it is a 50 yard zeroing method).

As stated up front, Zero the rifle at 50 yards and you'll have no worries at 200, depending on your choice of ammo you'll be quite close to on target at 200. Simply fine tune the zero at 200 yards for the ammo your using.

FWIW cube, not trying to tell ya what to do but if your unfamiliar with red-dot zeroing ya really should keep your comments to yourself and READING the question posted will help tremendously toward providing relevent information to those seeking help.

Red dots are not normal hunting or long range type tube scopes and are generally installed at co-witness height, so HOB doesn't enter the picture. Military sighting solutions prevail in this venue.

Mike
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top