Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/24/2004 7:08:15 AM EDT
Tapco has a pre-ban retractable CAR stock for $29, about half the price of everyone else.  Anyone know anything about it? They all look the same to me... I mean how bad can it be.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:09:57 AM EDT
[#1]
You get what you pay for...

C_R_A_P
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:10:35 AM EDT
[#2]
it may be cheap chicom stuff, i have seen em at the gunshows for 29, and they are really bad quality, the inside of the tube is really rough
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:11:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Sure, but for a beater OLY range gun post-9/14 conversion?  Seems like a good gamble.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:06:31 AM EDT
[#4]
The Tapco stock is a Chinese POS!

A POS for a POS - is that what you're trying to say?

Even a beater Oly range gun deserves better than the Tapco.

Do yourself a BIG favor and spend the extra 20 bucks for the CDNN stock. It's a really good buy!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:19:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Ok, I'm getting the message.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:03:59 AM EDT
[#6]
The TAPCO stock is NOT chinese. Their catalog very clearly marks them as "Made in USA".
I still wouldn't get one.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:17:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Lon_Moer,
                 OK, you rely on what you've read in their ad and I'll stick by the "Made in China" sticker that was stuck to my Tapco POS CHINESE collapsable stock when I pulled it out of the box that it came in (from Tapco) when I bought it a couple of years ago!
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:21:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Get the RRA 4 position from ADCO for around $50.00.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 11:30:52 AM EDT
[#9]
i got one from them and it was actually not a bad stock. granted, it wasn't the best, but the fit and finish on mine was of good quality. i cannot complain, but ymmv.  
mp
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 12:01:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Got a few from Tapco as well. I believe the box on mine said they were made in Taiwan, but I'd have to recheck. In all honesty, it's not that bad of a stock, but you also get what you pay for - the fit and finish is nothing like the RRA 6-position stock that I have. All in all, for the $24 I paid for them, I'm happy.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 2:05:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Taiwan is the Republic of China
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:04:38 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Taiwan is the Republic of China

Let's not confuse the Republic of China (ROC, aka Taiwan), a democracy, with the People's Republic of China (PRC), a communist party-led state. "Made in Taiwan" and "Made in China" are two very different places.

Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:26:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Let's not confuse the Republic of China (ROC, aka Taiwan), a democracy, with the People's Republic of China (PRC), a communist party-led state.

Did I spell something wrong?  Thought I said ROC. So are you saying the quality would be any better from one than the other? Very different in manufacturing ability or just government?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:54:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Actually, yes.  It's not an absolute, but Taiwan's quality control is almost always better than that of their neighbor to the north.  I'll take goods from Taipei over Chi-com stuff, any day.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 12:56:33 AM EDT
[#15]

Actually, yes. It's not an absolute, but Taiwan's quality control is almost always better than that of their neighbor to the north.

Not sure I could agree. Now that They both have favored nation status and companies are pouring over there with new machinery. Their manufacturing ability has increased over the last few years. I bought one of the China chinese stocks and handguards when they first came out. They went back in the box for return 10 minutes after they came out. I will get one of the Taiwan ( Rebuplic of China) ones for comparison and see but I have my doubts it will be much different.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 5:52:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Anybody know who makes the stocks CDNN sales?

Thanks,
Rick
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:34:25 AM EDT
[#17]
I have used them for M4 conversions here in Iraq. All of them eventually broke the tip off the bottom of the stock where it sits in your shoulder. They would work fine for a plinker or truck gun but not for any professional use. The springs are not exactly milspec as the buffer falls out of the spring when held upside down. A mil-spec spring should hold the buffer.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top