Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/23/2004 7:54:22 AM EDT
I was wondering what ya'll think the prices for pre-ban AR's is gonna do post-sunset. I was at the gun show this weekend and some vendors were saying the prices of preban rifles will fall alot because they will, in esense be, a 10 yr old used rifle. Then some were saying they won't drop any, and will actually INCREASE in prices.

I tend to think they will drop, but not anymore than a regular AR would

your thoughts?
TP
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 7:58:00 AM EDT
[#1]
after the ban they are just 10 year old rifles.

the only place they would have any value is states with their own ban. But then again, if you are selling your "pre ban" rifle, at a "pre ban" price to someone in a banned state when you can get a brand new rifle with all the evil features you want for the price of a new reciever, then in my opinion, that makes the seller a total asshole.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 8:05:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Where pre-ban production is identical to current production, we'll see the price of the pre-bans drop to slightly below that of current production.  They are, after all, used rifles.

Exceptions will apply.  Colt SP1s and other specialized models will still have a premium.  Pre-ban Springfield M1As should have a premium due to the higher incidence of USGI parts and being built at a time when quality was higher.  Pre 1989 imported stuff, which will still be unimportable, and in some cases not even being made anymore (German factory HK91s) shouldn't budge too much.

State and local laws will affect the equations.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 8:13:27 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

the only place they would have any value is states with their own ban. But then again, if you are selling your "pre ban" rifle, at a "pre ban" price to someone in a banned state when you can get a brand new rifle with all the evil features you want for the price of a new reciever, then in my opinion, that makes the seller a total asshole.

Don't forget that states which allow importation of preban manufacture rifles that have permanent bans similar to the federal ban (Such as New York) which still create a need for preban rifles. This should keep prices up somewhat.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 8:44:31 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't forget that states which allow importation of preban manufacture rifles that have permanent bans similar to the federal ban (Such as New York) which still create a need for preban rifles. This should keep prices up somewhat.

But not that much. IMO prebans in free states will only have a premium of say 10%. Although, I predict that many of those rifles will be shipped to non-free states.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top