Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/22/2004 4:21:14 PM EDT
Any one using the Leatherwood A2 handlemount type scope mount have an opinion on whether it is a good design or have any problems to note? It looks lika a good stable design and should hold almost any scop of any lenthe.  Just curious and in the market for a mount.  THANKS    Simson
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:19:15 PM EDT
[#1]
try posting this in the Optics/mounts forum. it will get much more attention there.

add: by the way, welcome to the boards.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 5:41:28 PM EDT
[#2]
They work fine but you really should bed them to the carry handle and not get into a habit of taking it on and off.

It's best asset is that it will allow you to mount the scope a little further forward than other similar mounts, a draw back is that they are made out of a pretty soft metal.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:28:48 PM EDT
[#3]
There are some real Leatherwoods, and some knockoffs.  The knockoffs are junk.  There are better mounts around than the real ones.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:04:50 AM EDT
[#4]
That kind of info is why I signed uyp for this forum.  Thanks and I hope to make my own contributions in the future
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top