Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2004 12:26:55 PM EDT
 I was at the local gunshow yesterday and was looking at a phantom fh that a vender had. I have a Bushmaster postban AR15 with a 16" barrel with nothing on the end. I've already bought a collapsible stock and I'm going to get a fh and if/when the ban goes out I'm going to put them on my gun. He tells me no, that even if the ban does go out that I will still not be able to alter the gun. He said that he was in the buisness so he ought to know. I challenged him with two sentence long statements and he persisted so I smiled and walked away for I have better things to do than argue.
Please tell me he is wrong. I will be able to get the end of my barrel threaded and have the fh put on right? and install the callapsible stock right?
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 12:30:09 PM EDT
[#1]
what state do you live in? if you don't live in a whacko liberal state then the idiot didn't know what the hell he was talking about. yes, all you need to do is get you barrel threaded and screw it on.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 12:31:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Theoretically yes, provided that the state you live in doesn't have any bans of their own, you should be able to thread and add that FH. I'm not a lawyer or anything, but that seems to be the general opinion I've gained from reading the AR-15.com posts on this topic. I've been lurking for a while now, registered a week or so ago. This is my first post. Woohoo. Go me.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 12:37:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Welcome ZACK3g
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 12:40:24 PM EDT
[#4]
 I live in VA.   He had some big slide on adapter with set screws and a smaller threaded end to screw the fh onto that he said I would be able to use if the ban sunsets but no on the collapsible stock.

yeah, welcome Zack3g
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 12:43:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
 I live in VA.   He had some big slide on adapter with set screws and a smaller threaded end to screw the fh onto that he said I would be able to use if the ban sunsets but no on the collapsible stock.

yeah, welcome Zack3g

Well, there you go.  he was trying to sell you somehting.  He is full of it.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 12:48:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah thats all bullshit. Come september, get the barrel threaded and put that colapsible on. Unless VA got some crapy PRK laws. I dont think they do. Anyone here in VA have a better understanding of this than me?
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 12:49:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
He had some big slide on adapter with set screws and a smaller threaded end to screw the fh onto that he said I would be able to use if the ban sunsets

He's full of BS. I agree with knightone, sounds like he was trying to make some money off you.

Quoted:
but no on the collapsible stock.

this guy obviously has no clue what he's talking about. VA is a gun-friendly state so you should have no problems.

add: welcome Zack3g
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 12:50:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Virginia Gun Laws summary---

www.nraila.org/GunLaws/StateLaws.aspx?ST=VA

The only thing I see about assault weapons is this---

" A person under 18 shall not possess or transport a handgun or assault firearm."

and this---
            "   A non-citizen or alien not admitted for permanent residence shall not possess or transport an assault firearm, and a gun dealer shall not transfer it to such person. Most shotguns are not included in the term assault firearm."

So after the FEDERAL AWB is gone - you should be good to go!

Link Posted: 8/22/2004 12:57:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Virginia Gun Laws summary---

www.nraila.org/GunLaws/StateLaws.aspx?ST=VA

The only thing I see about assault weapons is this---

" A person under 18 shall not possess or transport a handgun or assault firearm."

and this---
            "   A non-citizen or alien not admitted for permanent residence shall not possess or transport an assault firearm, and a gun dealer shall not transfer it to such person. Most shotguns are not included in the term assault firearm."

So after the FEDERAL AWB is gone - you should be good to go!

What is Silas is an alien not admitted for permanent residence?

Did anyone think of that?   HMMMM?

On a more serious note... your vendor was indeed full of shit, as the saying goes.  

- BUCC_Guy
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 12:58:35 PM EDT
[#10]
dont listen to that jackass, it only applies if you live in a state with their own AWB
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 1:03:08 PM EDT
[#11]
i am kinda courious,   i beleave Michigan also has its own AWB ban laws,   but i am not shure. they seem to be the same thing listed by the federal ban,  i am just woundering if they just put it in the state legustaion just to make things easer for the people. and will be droped as soon as the federal ban drops.    

Jesse
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 1:51:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 1:46:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
i am kinda courious,   i beleave Michigan also has its own AWB ban laws,   but i am not shure. they seem to be the same thing listed by the federal ban,  i am just woundering if they just put it in the state legustaion just to make things easer for the people. and will be droped as soon as the federal ban drops.    

Jesse

There is a "Hometown" forum on these boards.  Any questions about your home state and its laws can be addressed there.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top