Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/21/2004 9:07:54 AM EDT
Hey I am looking to make some changes to my ar.  I have an a2 receiver right now and was going to change over to an a3 and all the pre ban goodies.  Well I have a budget restraint (wife).  I wanted to know would it be better to mount an eotech to an a3 upper or leave my a2 and put a yhm freefloat on and use it that way.  Is that possible?  I guess if I got the upper I would also have to go with a rear sight also.  Does anyone have any pics of an eotech mounted on a forearm with an a2 receiver?  Or should I just do receiver, forearm, and arms 40a and waint on the sight?  Whatcha think.
Paige
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 10:26:46 AM EDT
[#1]
good question, but it is really a personal pref. of my ARs, just one is an A2 and I wish it was an A3. however, I don't plan on getting rid of it just for that reason. Yes you could mount optics to a YHM FF handguard. from what I hear the only problem with the YHM FF is that they could shift on you if bumped just right. In my case with my A2 upper, I will most likely get some type of FF handguards and mount an Aimpoint on top. Another possibility is ARMS #39 A2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top