Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/21/2004 8:24:44 AM EDT
Hello, everyone.  I have decided I would rather have the standard A2 aperture on my ARMS #40 instead of that weird horizon line thingy.  Looking at the sight, it looks like I could just buy a standard A2 aperture for about 6 bucks and disassemble the sight the same as any A2 sight system to put the A2 aperture on it.  Will it work?  The apertures look to be machined to the same specs.  Thanks in advance for input.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:35:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 10:41:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Just did it last week.1/16" Punch and a screwdriver and about 10 mins on the workbench and it's Good to Go. I got tired of that goofy, horizon line, half ass, works like poo,can't get a good sight picture,what were they thinking, god awful design, aperture
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 7:31:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, guys.  I'll have to pick up a regular aperture and "git er dun".  I am with you Harv24, I dont know what they were thinking with that whole horizon line thing.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 11:37:35 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thanks, guys.  I'll have to pick up a regular aperture and "git er dun".  I am with you Harv24, I dont know what they were thinking with that whole horizon line thing.

What the were thinking is "ACOG clearance."  I've got a TA01 in an ARMS #10, and the ARMS 40 with the regular aperature will not clear the bottom of the scope.  With that little cut across the aperature, it clears the scope just barely.  So if you are mounting an ARMS 40 under an ACOG, then you need that cut.  At least, I needed it for my setup......
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 1:57:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the observation Scollins.  I am planning on mounting a TA01 ACOG on a LaRue quick release lever mount.  I hope the A2 aperture will work with that?
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:04:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:15:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
It can depend a little on where you mount the scope. The TAO1's have shorter eye relief, so where you should mount it on the rail will depend on where you place your cheek on the the stock. If you have an aggressive nose to charging handle stance, you can pretty easily mount the TAOq so the rear of the lens will be ahead of the BUIS when its folded down. In whcih case all is good. If you have a less aggressive stance you will need to mount the TAO1 all the way beck. In which case you probably will need the cut in the small apperature of the #40.

That would work.  I'm not all that aggressive when it comes to "stock crawling" so I've got the ACOG mounted as far back as possible.

As for the Larue mount, I'm not sure.  It may mount the scope slightly higher the ARMS #10.   But, you already have the cut aperature, and it sounds like it is cheap and easy to swap them out.  You could do the swap, and if it doesn't work with the normal aperature, you can switch back to the cut one....
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 3:50:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the feedback, guys.  I guess I will have to try that when I get my LaRue mount and see what happens.  If it doesnt work, I'll have no choice but switch it back.  Thanks again.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top